Another Blow to the Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My take is that FCA is limiting dealers to those with a very proven service department (which is a very good thing), not unlike Ford Techs who have the Certs to work on FGTs.

FCA / Dodge has a long-standing precedence here for decades with their Certified Viper Techs, those are the only guys (and only at one dealership 1500 miles from home) who have ever touched mine..

Again, just MHO, if Ford would give us a tune from 450-510 to 525/600 (which we all know is very doable and safe) that did not void the warranty, almost all of us would be all over it...

That's a typical muscle car reaction but more isn't always better. Getting that power to the ground is especially difficult offroad. I'm still taking the Gen3 because as mentioned before it's a balanced truck you can use as a daily and offroad with braking the bank or driveline etc.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Speaking of TRXs. What does this mean for the 2024 TRX? And why would Ford release an R, with an ICE, when it's main competitor may be an EV?