GEN 2 AlphaRex vs. Morimoto Headlight Comparison (Video)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I like this guy's channel, Keep It Dirty Offroad. Great content from what I've seen, surprised he doesn't have more subscribers.

Love the looks of the AlphaRex headlights. The animated startup sequence and turn signal are very cool. Seems like they frequently offer 10-15% off as well.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like both but like the Morimoto better. We've tested both and the AlphaRex used to have a cheaper price point, so they were VERY popular. However Morimoto changed pricing models and we've seen a lot more Morimoto sales over the Alpha.

In our shop tests the Alpha had a weird "boob" pattern, we call it. Nice and bright but was not as clean a cut-off compared to the Morimoto. Both very bright though.

Nice video though. I always enjoy people doing comparisons to see what is out there. Would like to see an unbiased video though (he's wearing an AlphaRex shirt, so yeah...)

But both are great options, especially with the prices being similar.

The one down side is, as he pointed out, he is stating the "light output is exactly the same

I will say they are comparing the AlphaRex with 3 low beams compared to the Morimoot with 2 low beams.

Morimotos do shine a bit farther still but the one thing that Alpha does better are the highs. The Morimoto highs are almost non-existant saddly.

BUT Morimoto still sell more. I guess because they've been around longer, have a cleaner look to them and better warranty.

We're seeing a bit more AlphaRex sales lately though on our site, which is good.

Last edited:

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My AlphaRex's just came in today. Might be able to get them in tomorrow and doing the amber DRL mod. I wasn't a fan of the stacked pod look on the Morimoto's.

Quick question though, so low beams should be aimed with the cutoff at about 39-40" at 25' right? What about the high beams?

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You actually measure each truck... so there is no set height.

Back your truck up about 25' on a level surface. Now measure from the ground to the center of your low beam arrangement). Make note of this #

Now on the wall, measure 2" below that first measurement and place a piece of tape or a mark.

Now align your low beams so that the upper most cut-off touches this line. Do this for each side.

That ensures your lows don't blind others and have a downward pitch (long roads).

For highs.. well they are highs... make sure they cover the mid-point and flood light out (highs are a pain and most people don't even bother and leave them how they are out of the box UNLESS it's really out of whack).

For those curious, we sell Morimoto and AlphaRex on our site. And we offer discounts on them (check out our signature)

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific-ford/2017-2018-f-150-raptor/headlights-fog-lights/

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question for 4x4truckLEDs

On your site there are 3 versions LED and Halogen version of the AlphaRex headlights. It looks like in the daytime photos with them turned and installed on the blue Raptor they are all the same model headlight?

Do you have any daytime pictures of the different models installed on a Raptor, not close up`s but from a distance?

Thanks in advance

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We only sell the NOVA Series of AlphaRex on our site, which have the integrated LED Projectors. They are offered in 3 flavors though. Chrome, Black and Midnight Black. They have the same internal components, just a different housing color.

The photos used are all marketing photos. The actual photos of the product are listed under each photo, but there are no "real world" shots for each style, they re-use the same truck for the "in-use photos" since the output is the same across them all.

We don't have any installed photos, since the marketing photos were supplied by AlphaRex

TRMFAM

Reaction score
Great vid thank you for posting!

I wonder with the Alpha RX lights how often you get flashed by other drivers...that looks like an enormous amount of light output on Low beam.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We only sell the NOVA Series of AlphaRex on our site, which have the integrated LED Projectors. They are offered in 3 flavors though. Chrome, Black and Midnight Black. They have the same internal components, just a different housing color.

The photos used are all marketing photos. The actual photos of the product are listed under each photo, but there are no "real world" shots for each style, they re-use the same truck for the "in-use photos" since the output is the same across them all.

We don't have any installed photos, since the marketing photos were supplied by AlphaRex

Does Alpha Rex make lights for Gen 1's?