Front Stock Fox vs Fox 3.0 vs Icon 3.0 vs King 3.0: Dyno Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if there was a dyno plot of the Stock Fox Shocks. It seems that you had the data for the other graphs, but there was no plot of Force/position of the stock units. Is the stock shock not a position sensitive (bypass) unit? I know this was completed over a year ago, but just curious.

05Raptor

Reaction score
IMO King is the best and Icon is almost the same. They are just on a different level than fox. And just look at the videos on youtube. The fox 3.0s look terrible for a $4k upgrade. They bounce all over the place through the whoops and buck on landings. The Kings and Icons are smooth.

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy crap! this reminded me of being in school and if Mary had to walk 1 mile to school carrying 3lbs of books twice a day WTF now I'm getting a headache... too much info

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO King is the best and Icon is almost the same. They are just on a different level than fox. And just look at the videos on youtube. The fox 3.0s look terrible for a $4k upgrade. They bounce all over the place through the whoops and buck on landings. The Kings and Icons are smooth.

My fox 3.0's outperformed my icon 3.0's. Both suck compared to the long travel with king coilovers and external bypasses, so I really don't have a dog in the fight at this point...

jaschandel

Reaction score
Hello I'm upgrading my suspension. I'm choosing between Icon and King. I want to know if kings are loud ON road? I keep hearing they are very loud. Also how will my ride change compared to stock with the upgrades? If you guys had the choice which would you buy?

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello I'm upgrading my suspension. I'm choosing between Icon and King. I want to know if kings are loud ON road? I keep hearing they are very loud. Also how will my ride change compared to stock with the upgrades? If you guys had the choice which would you buy?

Depends which kings.
If you're are speaking of the 3.0 internal bypass coilover kings, I'd go that way.
If you're speaking of the standard 3.0 coilover Kings, I'd go with the icons.

jaschandel

Reaction score
Depends which kings.
If you're are speaking of the 3.0 internal bypass coilover kings, I'd go that way.
If you're speaking of the standard 3.0 coilover Kings, I'd go with the icons.

I am doing internal, my main concern is on road noise do you have experience or know of anyone who has them?