Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Will SS brake lines be an improvement? How much would they add. You also say Gen 1's need tie rods I believe. Cost?

Our understanding is that SS braided brake lines are an improvement because they do not flex like the OEM soft lines, which helps keep both performance and pedal pressure consistent through multiple heat cycles. The lines we offer are also teflon coated for added protection on the trail. We offer the ADD tie rod adapters for $533 and change with free shipping along with brakes. You can view the full details and tie rod options here. https://www.apollo-optics.com/colle...ake-kit-ce-bkf1559be11?variant=20149987410023

The research shows that SS have very minimal improvement, if any. That is contrary to what marketing says :)

Can you send me any info you have on this? This is one of the first times I've heard of SS braided lines. I'd be very interested to learn more.

I would like to order with group buy, can i get it painted in orange color?

Unfortunately, we cannot offer other finish options. The only finish available on these is the Alcon Red.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our understanding is that SS braided brake lines are an improvement because they do not flex like the OEM soft lines, which helps keep both performance and pedal pressure consistent through multiple heat cycles. The lines we offer are also teflon coated for added protection on the trail. We offer the ADD tie rod adapters for $533 and change with free shipping along with brakes. You can view the full details and tie rod options here. https://www.apollo-optics.com/colle...ake-kit-ce-bkf1559be11?variant=20149987410023

Can you send me any info you have on this? This is one of the first times I've heard of SS braided lines. I'd be very interested to learn more.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer other finish options. The only finish available on these is the Alcon Red.

So you're racist against other colors?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you identify if your 19 or 20 needs the Tie Rods or Tie Rod End Adapters with images (BTW .. what the difference between Tie Rods and Tie Rod End Adapters?) If yes, can you or anyone post images of which OEM setup requires or does not require Tie Rods or Tie Rod End Adapters?

Gen 2 Raptors - Tie Rods or Tie Rod End Adapters MAY be required for installation of the front brake kit. I know this is ambiguous, but blame Ford. Ford uses at least 2 different manufactures for the OEM tie rods. Some of them have necessary clearance for the larger Alcon rotors, some of them do not. This is not a problem unique to Alcon, Wilwood also has this issue. We recommend that your purchase tie rod ends with your front kit and have them handy during installation in the event your truck does required them. If you test fit your Alcon rotors and have tie rod clearance, we will send you a shipping label to return the tie rod ends to us and you will be refunded in full!

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you identify if your 19 or 20 needs the Tie Rods or Tie Rod End Adapters with images (BTW .. what the difference between Tie Rods and Tie Rod End Adapters?) If yes, can you or anyone post images of which OEM setup requires or does not require Tie Rods or Tie Rod End Adapters?

The tolerances are so tight that it's not readily identifiable. And there are no unique markings on any of the tie rods that Ford uses.

The OEM tie rods are a two piece design. The Tie Rod Adapter kit end changes the end of the tie rod from a uniball to Heim joint for clearance.

tie-rod-adapter-kit.jpg

The is the full replacement tie rod that replaces both the inner and outer ends with the upgraded tie rod.
2010-2014-ford-raptor-tie-rod-kit.jpg

ford-raptor-suspension-kit.jpg

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nick,

So technically if one needs extra clearance you would just need the Tie Rod End Adapters correct?

I thought the consensus with the EPAS is not to replace the inner boot as aftermarket ones does not seal it completely from moisture? Any water intrusion into the electric rack would break it.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick,

So technically if one needs extra clearance you would just need the Tie Rod End Adapters correct?

I thought the consensus with the EPAS is not to replace the inner boot as aftermarket ones does not seal it completely from moisture? Any water intrusion into the electric rack would break it.

Correct. For clearance, either option will work so the tie rod adapter kit is acceptable and full tie rods are not required. Upgraded tie rods are optional for those looking for stronger one piece tie rods. None of our clients who have switched to full tie rods have had issues, however, I cannot speak for all situations or any other parts on the market.