Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

Going to Re-bed them this Saturday .

If anybody is on the fence about getting these they improve braking immensely over stock. Especially if you have larger tires.

You have this on your Gen 1? Or Gen 2? I am tempted to buy them—especially since it is nearly 50% cheaper than what I thought a BBK would cost me since I can only buy the fronts :)

I wonder if one could tell the difference from the driver seat between a truck with a BBK on all fours and a truck with a BBK on only the fronts.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
You have this on your Gen 1? Or Gen 2? I am tempted to buy them—especially since it is nearly 50% cheaper than what I thought a BBK would cost me since I can only buy the fronts :)

I wonder if one could tell the difference from the driver seat between a truck with a BBK on all fours and a truck with a BBK on only the fronts.

just do the fronts. The front brakes do the majority of the stopping anyway. Stabbing the brakes sets your "line" because of the quick weight transfer and sudden grip. The front brakes are responsible for this.

Do the fronts, add a legitimate rear locker, (or a spool) get you a hoon handle, and you'll be grinning ear to ear every time you play in the dirt.

Promise!

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just to clarify from a few questions I've received via email and PM.

Gen 1 Raptors - Tie Rods or Tie Rod End Adapters are required for installation of the front brake kit.

Gen 2 Raptors - Tie Rods or Tie Rod End Adapters MAY be required for installation of the front brake kit. I know this is ambiguous, but blame Ford. Ford uses at least 2 different manufactures for the OEM tie rods. Some of them have necessary clearance for the larger Alcon rotors, some of them do not. This is not a problem unique to Alcon, Wilwood also has this issue. We recommend that your purchase tie rod ends with your front kit and have them handy during installation in the event your truck does required them. If you test fit your Alcon rotors and have tie rod clearance, we will send you a shipping label to return the tie rod ends to us and you will be refunded in full!

Lastly, for the 2019 and 2020 Raptors, you can only purchase the front brake kit. The Alcon calipers are not compatible with the electronic parking brake on the rear axle. The system remains in balance with the front end doing the majority of the braking with the Alcon kit installed. We can offer upgraded rotors and pads for the rear axle as well as upgraded brake lines (front and rear) to maximize the performance of your braking system overall.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

The Alcon Group Buy is back by popular demand!

We are having a Group Buy on the Alcon Brake Kits that fit with 17" wheels!

The Gen 2 trucks may require aftermarket tie rods or tie rod adapters for proper fitment on the front kit. Ford uses two different manufacturers for the stock tie rods and tolerances are different. We recommend you add the tie rod adapters or tie rod kit to your order. If they're not required for fitment on your truck, we will issue a refund for the tie rod adapter kit if you do not wish to keep them.

Note: Rear Kit only fits 2010-2018 Ford Raptor and F-150 with manual parking brake.

2019-2020 Raptors can only use the Front Kit. The Rear Kit is not compatible with the electronic rear parking brake.

Front Kit: $2880 shipped (Retail: $3200)
Rear Kit: $2430 shipped (Retail: $2700)

I've linked the kits below for full info.

Front Kit: Ford F-150/Raptor Front Brake Kit - CE-BKF1559BE11

Rear Kit: Ford F-150/Raptor Rear Brake Kit - CE-BKR5059D07

Price is already marked down on the site, no discount code required!

Lastly, here's the video we made showing the increased performance overall vs stock brakes on our 2018 Raptor:

If you're interested, please send us a PM with any additional questions!

What would I expect to pay for installation? Would SS brake lines be needed?

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What would I expect to pay for installation? Would SS brake lines be needed?

SS brake lines are not required, however, they can be added. But this system will work with OEM brake lines.

As for labor, I'd plan for 4-6 hours of labor plus shop supplies/brake fluid. Cost would depend on the hours and labor cost on your particular shop. I've personally uninstalled and reinstalled 2 kits on 2 trucks in 6 hours, however, I'm pretty familiar with the Alcon kits at this point.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SS brake lines are not required, however, they can be added. But this system will work with OEM brake lines.

As for labor, I'd plan for 4-6 hours of labor plus shop supplies/brake fluid. Cost would depend on the hours and labor cost on your particular shop. I've personally uninstalled and reinstalled 2 kits on 2 trucks in 6 hours, however, I'm pretty familiar with the Alcon kits at this point.

Will SS brake lines be an improvement? How much would they add. You also say Gen 1's need tie rods I believe. Cost?