Airbags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to go ahead with Eibach springs F+R and the Airlift 1000 air bags. My only real concern is whether there will be any loss in overall rear suspension travel with the bags in there or damage to the bags at full compression? I need the bags for towing but don’t want to have to completely remove them to get full travel when out in the desert.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to go ahead with Eibach springs F+R and the Airlift 1000 air bags. My only real concern is whether there will be any loss in overall rear suspension travel with the bags in there or damage to the bags at full compression? I need the bags for towing but don’t want to have to completely remove them to get full travel when out in the desert.
If your plan is to fully cycle the suspension at a high rate of speed/frequency, especially full compression those bags won't last but a few days at most I'd guess. Those things just aren't designed to compress and extend linearly like a coil will and you will likely bind and/or pinch that bag tearing it. I'd frankly take them out when not towing if it's as simple as jacking it up, full suspension droop and sliding them out. I would think the different lengths of the Eibach springs won't help here either.

slater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I asked is that once I re-installed everything with the bottom spacer it appears there is constant contact now vs prior without the bottom spacer. So I am curious at 5psi how much the ride is affected. I'll know more in a few days. I agree with your concern about sharp edges etc. There is always some give and take with any modification or adjustment.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my kit as well and should be towing my 6,500lb camper over the Cascades first week of May so will see how they work. Given my 3,500 UTV/Trailer causes almost 1.5" of rear sag which is surprising I'm looking forward to these.

slater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reporting back - Dropped cold PSI to 34 in the rear and the ride is a bit firmer but not in a negative way. I think its fine overall and increases the versatility of the truck for my needs. Pretty good upgrade for a few hundred dollars.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my kit as well and should be towing my 6,500lb camper over the Cascades first week of May so will see how they work. Given my 3,500 UTV/Trailer causes almost 1.5" of rear sag which is surprising I'm looking forward to these.
Where did you order from?

j1nino

Reaction score
Just got my airbags delivered, should be installing them in the next week and will report back.

My trailer is 20'x8.5' and is 3300lbs empty. I measured and had 2 1/8" of sag as seen in the photo. I have a weight distribution hitch but am waiting on the proper shank to connect it.
Once I have everything ready I'll take measurements with the WD connected and then install the airbags and see where it ends up. Fully loaded with my bikes is 5000lbs and 6400lbs with my car.
thumbnail_IMG_0576.jpg