Airbags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t have the Eibachs yet, but my wife wants to go camping this weekend and I had a couple hours to burn after work today. Figured I could at least try out the bags and see how she tows our Ember TT.

I’m guessing the installation instructions from AirLift have you completely remove the springs for safety. I can’t see any other reason because it is SUPER easy leaving the springs in and just jacking up either side. I went with the 2 into 1 setup with one valve for a cleaner install and since I don’t see any reason why I would need to have the springs not at equal pressure.

It could be my measuring was a little inconsistent, but it seems like with just the bags in at atmospheric pressure, the rear end is about 1/4” higher than before.

Even more surprising (in a good way) is that with only 15 psi, it’s raised up about 5/8” unloaded.

Headed out now to do a quick drive to see how they are unloaded and then hook up the camper.

Attachments

• IMG_3367.jpeg
    IMG_3367.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3366.jpeg
    IMG_3366.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3365.jpeg
    IMG_3365.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 100

D1X99

Reaction score
@MORK did you install the upper spacers as well?
Don’t have the Eibachs yet, but my wife wants to go camping this weekend and I had a couple hours to burn after work today. Figured I could at least try out the bags and see how she tows our Ember TT.

I’m guessing the installation instructions from AirLift have you completely remove the springs for safety. I can’t see any other reason because it is SUPER easy leaving the springs in and just jacking up either side. I went with the 2 into 1 setup with one valve for a cleaner install and since I don’t see any reason why I would need to have the springs not at equal pressure.

It could be my measuring was a little inconsistent, but it seems like with just the bags in at atmospheric pressure, the rear end is about 1/4” higher than before.

Even more surprising (in a good way) is that with only 15 psi, it’s raised up about 5/8” unloaded.

Headed out now to do a quick drive to see how they are unloaded and then hook up the camper.
Anxiously awaiting your next post!!

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
Interesting - what psi were you running? I imagine that with how far these coils expand, you could only run so many psi before a bubble like that would protrude.

Finished install for reference:
View attachment 402320
View attachment 402321
I’m also quite happy with my Schrader location :)

With no load, I’ve been keeping at most a couple psi in them so they maintain contact pressure - even at 5psi, you can notice the increased spring rate.
Running about 40 PSI. Swapping out for HD 1000 Raptor. Since I will be changing the airbags, I am changing the spring with 1.5 inch lift Eibachs. I'm still struggling on if I can remove the tailgate without messing up the 360 cameras. I have had some conflicting info.
Eibach 21-23 Ford F-150 Raptor Pro-Lift Kit 1.5 Inch Rear Springs E30-35-060-02-02DMWF|E30-35-060-02-02

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
Does one lose any travel with bags?
If its Gen 3 , the air lift coil bag sits inside the coil so the travel should be standard OEM, bags should have minimum pressure so spring can move.

If Gen 2 , leaf spring, best to use a DayStar cradle for bottom of air bag which will not restrict the travel since the bottom of airbag is NOT attached to the axle.

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its Gen 3 , the air lift coil bag sits inside the coil so the travel should be standard OEM, bags should have minimum pressure so spring can move.

If Gen 2 , leaf spring, best to use a DayStar cradle for bottom of air bag which will not restrict the travel since the bottom of airbag is NOT attached to the axle.

Gen 3 (we're in gen 3 forums)

So no loss of travel? Those spacers they include don't limit anything?

j1nino

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the airbags this weekend.
The install can be done without removing the springs but it sure was a pain to squeeze the airbag in between the spring, the more you flatten it the wider it makes it.
Overall straight forward install, I ran the airlines through the frame from the top of the spring to the back near the bumper as you can see photos. I used 3/8" wire loom around the airlines in the locations that it makes contact with an edge to protect it.
I haven't mounted the valve yet and wanted to see how everyone else was doing it. I like the idea through the license plate screws.
@Ox3721 did you drill through the hitch mount for the valve or is that an existing hole?

I took some measurements and at 5psi I see about 1/4" or so of lift in the rear from stock. At 30psi with no load it raised the rear 1".

IMG_0887.jpgIMG_0883.jpgIMG_0884.jpg