Airbags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has installed airbags for towing or if there even is such a thing for our trucks yet?

I run them on my Land Cruiser and they’re a godsend. Given the squish of our tucks, I feel like there would be a lot of demand.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m having airbags installed in 1 week. The shop I’m using says they install a lot on Raptors and everybody loves them. My trailer isnt really that heavy (5’x12’ enclosed), maybe 2500-3000 lbs all tools loaded, but the sag is enough to affect my unhooking at angle in my driveway and need that extra few inches, plus looks way better level than sagging.

OP
OP
I

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because I want my cake and I like eating it as well?

Honestly, I knew what I was buying when I bought it and I’m very happy with it. I drive it off-road a lot here and would t trade it for a tremor and a corvette. But if one can add airbags that don’t compromise the day to day ride but can be deployed when towing the duck boat or Polaris, then why not?

Also Tremors are polished turds. You know it and I know it. If I wanted that truck, I’d buy a Lariat and build out a much better suspension for less money.

OP
OP
I

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m having airbags installed in 1 week. The shop I’m using says they install a lot on Raptors and everybody loves them. My trailer isnt really that heavy (5’x12’ enclosed), maybe 2500-3000 lbs all tools loaded, but the sag is enough to affect my unhooking at angle in my driveway and need that extra few inches, plus looks way better level than sagging.
On a Gen 3 with coils? Can you get a brand and part number?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Airbags will make the off road performance decrease and will be counterproductive on a raptor. But if you wanna increase load capacity and only do general off road trails, then go for it. The Raptor is designed for high speed off roading, I don’t know any airbag setups that’ll keep all the travel and hold up to the abuse.

oafy44

Reaction score
I was in your camp a little bit with wanting my cake and eating it too

I put 2” coil spacers and back. Because I Cary a 800 pd aux fuel tank for my 4 bobcats (my company has all 450’s to haul them to jobs)

I had a 22’ 450 king ranch and just wanted something different and fun but also didn’t want the back to sag. It came out perfect so I had them put on timbre so just in case I need to tow something small. No airbags needed