Airbags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocu2zzz

Reaction score
I had the air lift inside coil bags with the small onboard compressor on a previous truck (Ram 1500). They worked great! Kept them aired down for daily commuting, then just aired them up, right before a load of lumber was dropped into the bed or a trailer was hooked up.
I would get them for my Gen 3. I tow a trailer from time to time. Sometimes at night. You will blind every driver from a mile away, if you tow ANYTHING at night with these trucks!
That said, they will give a slightly stiffer ride, even aired down to, say, 5 psi. These trucks are so soft, tho, I’m not sure how much you will even notice.
Sooo true! I towed my 26 foot center console from Jax to the Keys and it was not fun driving at night with that ass sag. I just upgraded to the Geisers to have a little more stiffness to the rear but I think I might buy the universal airbag lit that fits inside the spring and air them up whem Im towing

firedupducky

Reaction score
While my Raptor won't be here for another month, my plan is to go with the Geisers, while also adding the RPG frame support kit. This comes with the 2.5 inch Fox bumps but you can add/swap out the 4 inch bump stops for towing. This seems like the best overall setup with the least amount of compromise. Going back and forth between the 2.5 and 4 inch stops is pretty simple as well (watched a couple YouTube videos on it).

sharkhunt

Reaction score
I have been running this setup all summer with my Gen 3 towing our TT...works good...but Airlift is about 2 months out from a production air bag setup for Gen 3 raptors that will not lose off road capability. I have been working with them on this design. Going to be awesome. Stay tuned.
Hmm. I wonder if these are long enough for Geiser rear springs. Anyone tried that?

sharkhunt

Reaction score
While my Raptor won't be here for another month, my plan is to go with the Geisers, while also adding the RPG frame support kit. This comes with the 2.5 inch Fox bumps but you can add/swap out the 4 inch bump stops for towing. This seems like the best overall setup with the least amount of compromise. Going back and forth between the 2.5 and 4 inch stops is pretty simple as well (watched a couple YouTube videos on it).
I thought about doing this too, but I am not sure the 4” bumps would be long enough with the extra height in both front and rear to support tongue weight enough to keep the truck level.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
They don't have an airbag for Gen 3 yet.

I installed the Airlift inside coil bags made for Dodge Ram (same size coil) When not under load, the Gen 3 maintains the stock suspension.

Waiting for a long test run this spring.

Attachments

• 51R6kFnjmQS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    51R6kFnjmQS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 11

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
Dodge air bag on Gen 3

Attachments

• IMG_0942.jpeg
    IMG_0942.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0943.jpeg
    IMG_0943.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0944.jpeg
    IMG_0944.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0946.jpeg
    IMG_0946.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 74

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
I installed the Airlift inside coil air bag for Dodge Ram. They have no impact on stock ride when not under load.

A regular airbag that mounts to the axle may rip apart when the spring expands off roading - articulates 24 inches. Regular airbags would be better to sit on Day Star cups.

Attachments

• IMG_0942.jpeg
    IMG_0942.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0943.jpeg
    IMG_0943.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0944.jpeg
    IMG_0944.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0946.jpeg
    IMG_0946.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 19

dthiss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Airlift inside coil air bag for Dodge Ram. They have no impact on stock ride when not under load.

A regular airbag that mounts to the axle may rip apart when the spring expands off roading - articulates 24 inches. Regular airbags would be better to sit on Day Star cups.
I bought the universal kit, but haven’t installed it yet. How long have you had this installed, what pressure are you running when not loaded and is there any noticeable damage until now? Main reason not yet installed is that it’s crap weather here in Illinois and I just didn’t want the added wear until towing season.

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribing to this. Gonna need some sort of solution as I plan on buying a boat. Dry weight with trailer is going to be about 6500 lbs.

sharkhunt

Reaction score

Thanks for the pics!

I bought both the largest set of airlift 1000 and the ram set of 1000hd. I am finally home to check them out. With the Geiser springs, neither seems to make perfect sense, but maybe I'm wrong. The 1000 set has enough diameter to contact the whole coil but is not near tall enough, and the 1000hd set is almost tall enough to go from seat to seat. My truck in on a sloped driveway so it's probably compressed in the rear a bit, but the distance between seats is about 13," and the 1000hd is about 12" tall, so an inch to spare in there when there is no air in the bag.
Does the 1000hd get much taller when aired up? I don't remember if the stock springs had something in there for the bags to sit on, with the Geisers in there, it seems like the seats have a hard edge that may pop the bags.

Lastly, did you have to drop the springs out or were you able to squeeze them in through the side of the coil?

Last edited: