Airbags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j1nino

Reaction score
Ordering them as well, had my 20x8.5 enclosed trailer (3300lbs empty) connected this weekend. Has 2" to 2 1/4" of sag in the rear without the weight distribution hitch.

MORK

Reaction score
The bottom spacer easily squeezes in there with simply jacking up the opposing side. (You need a large jack though - the droop is nuts)

Also, it’s very nice that this “puck” fits into the lower grooves nice and snug. Without it, not only would it be an offset contact point for the airbag, but it’s a rough surface with quite a few edges to puncture the airbag.

A4C0C4A0-D02A-4F5A-AE20-4CF1A7526875.jpeg
8DA3A5FA-942A-48D6-A0E2-E15775A34D92.jpeg
FF553584-D1BB-4CFC-A1D8-96627B2D6E4C.jpeg

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting observation, but that support puck they 3D printed out of FDM. Generally fine for this application I guess but I might have expected a molded piece instead to be more "OEM" like in terms of fit/finish/longevity.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
Looks like this airbag is 6 inch diameter compared to the universal.dodge that is 5 inch diameter . Should fit better inside coil I hope. The dodge airbag I installed pancaked and will most likely pop. Just ordered the Raptor ones and will try those out. I think the puck will make a difference otherwise the bag sets offset in the coil. Thanks for the pics!

Attachments

• IMG_1775.jpeg
    IMG_1775.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 47

MORK

Reaction score
Looks like this airbag is 6 inch diameter compared to the universal.dodge that is 5 inch diameter . Should fit better inside coil I hope. The dodge airbag I installed pancaked and will most likely pop. Just ordered the Raptor ones and will try those out. I think the puck will make a difference otherwise the bag sets offset in the coil. Thanks for the pics!

Interesting - what psi were you running? I imagine that with how far these coils expand, you could only run so many psi before a bubble like that would protrude.

Finished install for reference:
1B427295-085F-423A-9C6E-F434EB6440A7.jpeg
C19BD40B-9470-4F79-B567-57C38051065A.jpeg
I’m also quite happy with my Schrader location :)

With no load, I’ve been keeping at most a couple psi in them so they maintain contact pressure - even at 5psi, you can notice the increased spring rate.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting - what psi were you running? I imagine that with how far these coils expand, you could only run so many psi before a bubble like that would protrude.

Finished install for reference:

I’m also quite happy with my Schrader location :)

With no load, I’ve been keeping at most a couple psi in them so they maintain contact pressure - even at 5psi, you can notice the increased spring rate.
When you say they are noticeable even at 5psi, do you mean decrease ride quality? That is my biggest concern overall.

MORK

Reaction score
When you say they are noticeable even at 5psi, do you mean decrease ride quality? That is my biggest concern overall.

With the airbags at 5psi, absolutely I noticed the rear - similar to having the tires over inflated. Thankfully, I just run them at 1-2 psi or just atmospheric and then capped. Don’t even know they are there then.