Actually Pulling Someone Out of Sand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Are they reliable?
Extremely reliable, hence the $100
A friend turned me onto them 15+ yrs ago.
They Are a PIA to initially set your desired PSI. You need to do it in your driveway with a compressor handy.
I’m sure there are great YouTube videos on it nowadays.
Once you have them set, you go to each tire screw them on. By the time you’re at the fourth tire (Always Circle your Raptor in a Clockwise Motion, for Off-Road Karma) the first one should be done, depending on the PSI you set.
I have the Teraflex one also. They are just quick deflators. Do not get distracted using them, you will find your tire on the rim. Just have to stay on top of them.

TeraFlex 4807200 Air Deflator https://a.co/d/16R9sLE

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Extremely reliable, hence the $100
A friend turned me onto them 15+ yrs ago.
They Are a PIA to initially set your desired PSI. You need to do it in your driveway with a compressor handy.
I’m sure there are great YouTube videos on it nowadays.
Once you have them set, you go to each tire screw them on. By the time you’re at the fourth tire (Always Circle your Raptor in a Clockwise Motion, for Off-Road Karma) the first one should be done, depending on the PSI you set.
I have the Teraflex one also. They are just quick deflators. Do not get distracted using them, you will find your tire on the rim. Just have to stay on top of them.

TeraFlex 4807200 Air Deflator https://a.co/d/16R9sLE
I would think you could come up with a combination of fittings and hook them directly up to the air compressor to get them set up for the desired pressure

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I would think you could come up with a combination of fittings and hook them directly up to the air compressor to get them set up for the desired pressure
I’m sure you could, you could also get one of the $19.99 Chinese copies if one is so inclined. Hell these are probably Chinese too like my grass fed chickens lol
If I have to break out the compressor now too to air down, that’s just one more MFing thing I have to take out and put away :( besides my compressor is buried under my CA Duster and Pressure Washer.
I’m operating under a “Work Reduction Act” instituted by China Joe and the San Fran Hoe. I’m trying to do as little as possible.
I’m usually to lazy to Air Down anyway unless the conditions are really bad.
All that Air-Down, Air-Up, Air-Down, Air-Up cuts into my CA Duster and Soy 1/2-Calf, Carmel Frap time ;)

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't drink coffee, so I have time to air down. :cool: I am a stickler for pressure. I found the Staun would be at 17 one time and 13 another. I use a digital gauge and so I get exactly what pressure I want. There is a difference in off road performance between 17 and 13. On my side by side I go down to 5.5 in the front and 6.5 in the back so digital is very important.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure you could, you could also get one of the $19.99 Chinese copies if one is so inclined. Hell these are probably Chinese too like my grass fed chickens lol
If I have to break out the compressor now too to air down, that’s just one more MFing thing I have to take out and put away :( besides my compressor is buried under my CA Duster and Pressure Washer.
I’m operating under a “Work Reduction Act” instituted by China Joe and the San Fran Hoe. I’m trying to do as little as possible.
I’m usually to lazy to Air Down anyway unless the conditions are really bad.
All that Air-Down, Air-Up, Air-Down, Air-Up cuts into my CA Duster and Soy 1/2-Calf, Carmel Frap time ;)
I was meaning more of a one time thing. Like hook them up to the air compressor and adjust the regulator to the pressure you want and see if the close. Open the reg up some and they should open up. Might be easier then messing with them on the tire for the first time.

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I don't drink coffee, so I have time to air down. :cool: I am a stickler for pressure. I found the Staun would be at 17 one time and 13 another. I use a digital gauge and so I get exactly what pressure I want. There is a difference in off road performance between 17 and 13. On my side by side I go down to 5.5 in the front and 6.5 in the back so digital is very important.
I put some of my finger nail Polish on the threads once I set them. If if twist the locking collar by accident when taking them off you end up like you have and I have, where 2 are at 15, ones at 20 and ones at 10 lol because I moved the locking collar
:banghead::happy175::head3:
I found the Red Polish looks best with my E-Normus Hands ;)