Action Pics from United Arab Emirates - Raptor Overheated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll say it again. The Raptor should not overheat just because it's driven hard in 100F temperatures.

if the radiator is clogged that's not a condition that is designed for. Proper vehicle maintenance is always required.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of guys Raptor aren't daily drivers, or live very close to the desert. A few trucks are driven off road most of the time. No excuses for overheating. Unless they were stuck spinning the tires and not getting any air flow, but it sounds like they were just driving when it overheated. Plus, on Raptor Runs there would be trucks following other trucks eating a ton of dust. Havent heard of them overheating or clogging the radiator. Two Raptors both overheat, same day same place? Waiting to hear from dunes dude.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of guys Raptor aren't daily drivers, or live very close to the desert. A few trucks are driven off road most of the time. No excuses for overheating. Unless they were stuck spinning the tires and not getting any air flow, but it sounds like they were just driving when it overheated. Plus, on Raptor Runs there would be trucks following other trucks eating a ton of dust. Havent heard of them overheating.

X2 :thumbsup:

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year June through Sept, MarkT and I offroaded three to five times a week in temperatures well above one hundred, sometimes close to one twenty for hours. We never experienced any of these symptoms of overheating either the motor or tranny. Something needs to be checked. We were often in very silty sand and actually made dust clouds so large that visibility was less than twenty feet. Still no overheating. The only problem is that I changed my air filter every 1500 - 2000 miles. I am guessing that I have about 6000 miles offroad in the dirt on the Raptor now and overheating has not been an issue. Dunesguy please keep us posted, this is a subject that is near and dear to me!!!

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of guys Raptor aren't daily drivers, or live very close to the desert. A few trucks are driven off road most of the time. No excuses for overheating. Unless they were stuck spinning the tires and not getting any air flow, but it sounds like they were just driving when it overheated. Plus, on Raptor Runs there would be trucks following other trucks eating a ton of dust. Havent heard of them overheating or clogging the radiator. Two Raptors both overheat, same day same place? Waiting to hear from dunes dude.

X2 :thumbsup:

LOL@ what you consider dust. Here is a video of a sandstorm from where I was in Iraq. I didn't record it but I know where they are on the base. These storms would last from a few hours to a week.
http://youtu.be/-voQ5LnywWE

OP
OP
D

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way our radiators are clogged these trucks are brand new and were out of the container not more then 2 weeks ago but what im gonna do is change the coolant and give it another try this week, my truck overheated because i was climbing a medium hill which any other truck could climb, as for khalids truck i am not sure but he was driving the truck like how it should be driven and i think he had the AC on not sure though

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no way our radiators are clogged these trucks are brand new and were out of the container not more then 2 weeks ago but what im gonna do is change the coolant and give it another try this week, my truck overheated because i was climbing a medium hill which any other truck could climb, as for khalids truck i am not sure but he was driving the truck like how it should be driven and i think he had the AC on not sure though
How were the trucks shipped? How long did they sit in the cans in Dubai before you got them? What did the radiator hoses look like on the trucks before you opened the cap?

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you already have aftermarket tunes on these Raptors. If so that very well could be it. :doh: If not, like previously said I would order a tune for the climate you are in and have the fans come one at a different temperature and look into a lower temp thermostat possibly too, depending on evening and winter climates.

Another thing I would look into is possibly adjusting your "coolant" or anti-freeze mixture, again depending on how cold it gets during the evenings and the winter.

The only time I have heard of an over-heating problem to date on these is when they tested it in the Baja 1000, which is a lot more intense than what these guys were doing that day I would venture to say. And the only reason it happened is because the fans didn't kick back on due to a tripped relay iirc. FFS

OP
OP
D

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, Both trucks didnt have tunes we wanted to test the trucks stock before we tuned them,I installed a modified airraid and 5 star tune the day after and will be testing the truck again next friday.

Trucks were shipped by sea "container" and took almost 2 month's to arrive and clear from containers

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope you're able to figure out why a brand new stock Raptor overheated after being driven in 100F temperature. It shouldn't have happened so I hope your detective work results in finding the reason(s).

Keep us posted