Action Pics from United Arab Emirates - Raptor Overheated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve_r2

Reaction score
It would depend on whether they are Gulf states (GCC) spec or USA spec when they were imported.
This is important out here as certain components are changed or moded to deal with the harsh conditions out here.
Now I don't know for sure what would be changed on the Raptor but the usual things that manufacturers upgrade on GCC spec vehicles are AC units, alternators, larger radiators/ matrix.
This may or may not be part of the cause of the overheating.

Haqoul

Reaction score
Dear UAE member .... I am an owner of crew cap raptor and I notes that my truck het max overheating after 5 minutes ...... For all of the ford raptor please note that when you have your truck overheating .... Please do not stop your engine .... Keep driving slowly 40-60 km/h to cool down your truck engine ,,,, a day later after going back to the city .... Manage to flush your radiator .... The factory coolant is a kind which is not good for hot climates like UAE ( 40-50 C ) cause it is a ANTI FREEZING / coolant liquid

Also it is a good idea to change or remove the thermostat valve.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Also it is a good idea to change or remove the thermostat valve.
You do NOT want to remove the thermostat. If the thermostat is removed, the coolant will flow too quickly though the engine and not pick up enough heat to keep the engine cool. If the thermostat is removed, it must be replaced by a restrictor plate.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Were the cooling fans operational?

I agree there is something else going on here.

These trucks shouldn't be overheating in the conditions you guys depicted.

I did not see any Iraqi sand storms going on in the pictures.

If dust were the culprit, it most likely would have affected the other trucks that were out there that are not Raptors.