AC Fan out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got into my truck today and zero fan on my AC. It has been fluxuating up and down right after I cranked it for the past couple of weeks but turning it off and back on would fix it. I just dont have time to take it in right now so I need to fix it myself if I can. Anyone heard of this before? I plan on checking the fuses and pulling the battery cable to try and reset it.

OP
OP
F

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Techs I need some help. Ive been to two dealerships and they still cant fix it. Is it possible for me to wire up the fan to a rocker switch until I can find someone who knows what the hell they are doing?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need more info about this. You say AC I am assuming that you are talking about the blower motor.
It never works now?
Doesnt work in AC mode only?
You have a manual system or the auto?
Is is defaulting to defrost on high blower only?
See if this test procedure works.
DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING
• To enter the self-test, press the OFF and floor buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTO button within two seconds. The display will show
a dashed line in the center of the climate control display window of the integrated control panel (ICP).

• The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed. The self-test is completed when 888 appears in the center of the climate
control display window of the ICP.

• To exit the self-test and retain all intermittent Air Temperature Powertrain DTCs, press the ‘‘—’’ (cooler) side of the TEMP Sensor Circuit Control/Emissions
button. The RCC module will exit the self-test High Diagnosis(PC/ED)and retain all intermittent DTCs.

• To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the front defrost button. All RCC module DTCs will be cleared.

• Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned off).

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nevermind, just checked your profile...... 11 raptor. hold on.....

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

i would check with the ford techs first, because they know more about a/c stuff and might have a fix for you.

i am just an installer, so for this, my fix is only temporary. but her it is

find the wire going to the fan and cut it. the side of the wire coming from the vehicle needs to be insulated. the side going to the fan needs to be extended to the steering wheel area inside the cab. connect that wire to one side of a switch. connect the other side of the switch to ignition

https://www.directechs.com/timages/ignit_26147.jpg

white/orange wire. and put the switch somewhere easily accessible. and turn on when needed. being connected to ignition, the fan will shut off when you turn the truck off, or when you use the switch

OP
OP
F

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need more info about this. You say AC I am assuming that you are talking about the blower motor.
It never works now?
Doesnt work in AC mode only?
You have a manual system or the auto?
Is is defaulting to defrost on high blower only?
See if this test procedure works.
DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING
• To enter the self-test, press the OFF and floor buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTO button within two seconds. The display will show
a dashed line in the center of the climate control display window of the integrated control panel (ICP).

• The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed. The self-test is completed when 888 appears in the center of the climate
control display window of the ICP.

• To exit the self-test and retain all intermittent Air Temperature Powertrain DTCs, press the ‘‘—’’ (cooler) side of the TEMP Sensor Circuit Control/Emissions
button. The RCC module will exit the self-test High Diagnosis(PC/ED)and retain all intermittent DTCs.

• To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the front defrost button. All RCC module DTCs will be cleared.

• Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned off).

Does this work since I have NAV? The blower kicked on for most of the week last week. It doesn't follow commands of changing settings but it blew. On Friday afternoon it went completely off and has been off ever since. Its done this before.

The second dealership said it could be the resistor but had none in stock. Is there any quick fixes I can do in the next hour to at least get the blower going again? I just need something to tie me over for the weekend. Lot of driving to do before next week and Florida is hot.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this work since I have NAV? The blower kicked on for most of the week last week. It doesn't follow commands of changing settings but it blew. On Friday afternoon it went completely off and has been off ever since. Its done this before.

The second dealership said it could be the resistor but had none in stock. Is there any quick fixes I can do in the next hour to at least get the blower going again? I just need something to tie me over for the weekend. Lot of driving to do before next week and Florida is hot.

If the resistor is out it defaults to high defrost. Thats so the windows will not fog up and you cant drive

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well its not defaulting to anything. It is just very very slightly blowing right now.

I really dont have a quick fix I can tell you to do. I guess if it were me and I needed it to work but, I didnt have the time to fix it right but needed a band aid I would run power from the aux switch directly to the fan motor...