capped tube? FL3Z-9V456-AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was doing an oil change last night on my sons '22 and when I went to change the oil filter I noticed an ~18" capped tube coming off the CAI. I can see it appears it would connect to the intercooler pipe adapter (PN FL3Z-9V456-AC)

should this be connected? the tube was loose & I would think should be secured.

thanks

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That long tube connects to the blow off valve and recirculates air back into the intake. It was likely capped off to create the blow off valve "swoosh" sound. Maybe your Son did it?

OP
OP
mmayo

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He did not do it, I purchased it used last year from a dealer where their finance guy drove it. It's possible he did it, or if they now come capped from factory...

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmayo

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That long tube connects to the blow off valve and recirculates air back into the intake. It was likely capped off to create the blow off valve "swoosh" sound. Maybe your Son did it?
My guess is you're correct and the previous owner did it. Any long term issues if left like this?
Thanks

Last edited: