AC Fan out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope didnt work. How do I make it diagnose with the nav system? Maybe that will trick it into resetting.

I am not sure if you can run a test without a NGS IDS/VCM Kit tester. My tester wont work on the 2012's now. I have it setup for my old 2010 but, I traded it in and cant get mine reset till next month.
I thought I could get some info here. They have a load of free PDF's but, not looking good..

For a one month sub the cost for me is... F-150 2012 (Month)
Stock # FCS-2012FT-WEB-M
This is for Each individual year/model subscription includes the following information:
Workshop Manual
Wiring Diagram Manual (also referred to as EVTMs or Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals)
Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) Manual
Access to Vehicle Specific Information (available for last 10 model years)
Access to all TSBs('94-Present)
Access to Vehicle Specific Field Service Action (FSA) Information. ('88-Present) These bulletins are specific to a vehicle's VIN and are targeted for U.S. Dealers and fleets having Ford in-house warranty. Some or all of the provisions specified in these bulletins may not apply to non-U.S. markets.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vd...d=free_quickref&gutsid=quickref&menuIndex1=18

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The blower motor should have power in the run position from the blower motor relay found in the battery junction/fuse block. The negative side is adjusted/closed to provide fan speed. The negative side goes to a speed control unit that gets pulse width modulation frequency from the HVAC head/controller. You should be able to ground pin two (yellow blue tracer wire) at the blower motor connector and the fan should run as long as the relay/power side is good. If not just ground pin two, and wire pin one (yellow green tracer) to your up fitter positive wire. Should work.

If it continues to work with just the ground, the problem is on the speed control or hvac control head side. If it needs the positive from the up fitter to work, the problems on the relay side. Hope it makes sense.

OP
OP
F

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hockster maybe you can help me diagnose the issue for the dealership. Drove it over and hour yesterday with zero blower the entire time. Park it around 6:30. I get back to it at 10:45 crack it and the damn thing starts going. I think it has something to do with how hot something in the vehicle is getting during the day. The blower usually works when I crank it in the mornings but by afternoon after sitting in the sun all day its off again. Any ideas?