? about suspension options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Something else you should consider is weight in the rear end. All the weight is in the front of these because they are pickup trucks, and arguably $50,000 lawn darts. There are suspensions set-up and calibrated for an empty bed, but for optimal performance not only should you upgrade your springs, shocks and bumps, but you also should have some weight in the back to balance out the truck a little.

Also, WSI has a bolt in cage for $5100. You can remove the whole thing in about 30 minutes. (Please, just stop before you start BigScott.)

I can vouch for the bed weight insight. After my experience, bed weight is key. My truck holds close and firmly to the ground. Not much kicking. I hold roughly 550 lbs in the bed. With Bumps, frame support, HD springs and 3.0 bypass shocks, itperforms incredible for an everyday driver.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will vouch for RaptorAddicts truck. It has one of the best weight distributions out there and you can really feel the difference. It stays flat and level when flying. The key is to make sure you all tune your truck to your weight. Last time out we spent some time tuning on Kirks truck and made it handle better than it ever has before.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cage for a daily driver? would be a no no.

The reason is because you wouldn't be wearing a helmet, and having your head impact the rollcage could be deadly.

Plus, if you were not wearing the harness, your body will flop all over the place increasing risk of hitting the cage.

Personally, I would never install a cage in a daily driver..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

I can vouch for this. I drove a buddy of mines Miata with a cage for SCCA work. I had someone cut me off on the road and the seatbelt didn't grab in time, got a hell of a knot on my forehead from the roll cage.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm patiently waiting for RPGs new low-pro bed cage set up! Unless Kirk wants to start making his bad ass racks again then I'd have to go with his and say **** using the bed for anything big haha