A trip down Mojave Road...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent ~ 3 days / 2 Nights over new years doing Mojave Road out in SoCal. What an awesome trail...full of cool history from hundreds of years ago!! Installed a new Rigid 40" Light bar before the trip also from SPV's killer year end closeout deal.

Trail: https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/1043-mojave-road

Attachments

• IMG_7640.jpeg
    IMG_7640.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7648.jpeg
    IMG_7648.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7669.jpeg
    IMG_7669.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7675.jpeg
    IMG_7675.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7679.jpeg
    IMG_7679.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 61

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What suspension are you running out back for all that weight? I’m setting something up very similar

OP
OP
C

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibach 1.5” Springs and the Airlift 1000 bag setup in the rear. I didn’t inflate the bags for this trip (they stay @ 5lbs). They rode great and the truck still felt balanced but you feel the weight in back.

I have RPG 1.5” front perches and RPG Full tie rods to round out the front end. I put the perches in before the Eibach kit was released for the truck. So I haven’t removed the fronts and put the Eibach springs in yet. Down the road.

What is your setup?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eibach 1.5” Springs and the Airlift 1000 bag setup in the rear. I didn’t inflate the bags for this trip (they stay @ 5lbs). They rode great and the truck still felt balanced but you feel the weight in back.

I have RPG 1.5” front perches and RPG Full tie rods to round out the front end. I put the perches in before the Eibach kit was released for the truck. So I haven’t removed the fronts and put the Eibach springs in yet. Down the road.

What is your setup?
Initially I just had the 1.1” Eibach springs in the front, but realized the back would definitely need some help.

Now I have FRS in front and 1.5” Eibach in the rear. I haven’t loaded it with a rack and tent yet so I’m not sure how it’s going to handle it.

I like those wheels a lot.

OP
OP
C

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d would put the springs in the rear, easy to install too. The bags are just as easy and if you’re putting a several hundred pounds in the rear, bags will be worth it.