A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree, check the ac charge.

A few things you can do. Keep your condenser clean. If you have been on dusty roads or muddy tails, there could be dirt collecting and needs to be sprayed off.

Also, ac temp will always be warmer in traffic opposed to driving the highway.

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Works well in south florida for me. Just tinted my entire windshield the other day. deff keeps the truck a LOT cooler

Is that legal to tint your windshield? What % tint did you go with and did you use ceramic tint? I think this is a good idea bc most of your heat is coming through the windshield anyway.

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree, check the ac charge.

A few things you can do. Keep your condenser clean. If you have been on dusty roads or muddy tails, there could be dirt collecting and needs to be sprayed off.

Also, ac temp will always be warmer in traffic opposed to driving the highway.

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Thank you for the tips. I wish it a dirty condenser, as my truck is four months old and never seen the dirt.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Known issue mine is weak and I have had it checked at 3 (2 Ford and my regular shop) different places. To be honest the Ford AC has never been the Gold Standard. Drove me crazy with my oil burners. Just learn to live with it--one of the things I miss from the other brand of truck. My Jeep a 2013 blows out so hard and cold that even in the upper 90's on the road will freeze me out halfway home whereas the Raptor is just getting tolerable.

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Known issue mine is weak and I have had it checked at 3 (2 Ford and my regular shop) different places. To be honest the Ford AC has never been the Gold Standard. Drove me crazy with my oil burners. Just learn to live with it--one of the things I miss from the other brand of truck. My Jeep a 2013 blows out so hard and cold that even in the upper 90's on the road will freeze me out halfway home whereas the Raptor is just getting tolerable.

I hear you. I guess it bothers me because my old Tundra's a/c would get to about 37* in under five minutes and stay that way regardless of temperature. It's not the end of the world but disappointing for such an expensive vehicle

manny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor is also a 2013 and is also weak I also have a f250 2013 work truck with the same engine 6.2 and the a/c on the f250 is a lot cooler than the raptor
I'm also thinking of taking it in to get checked out

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just called my dealer about this yesterday....the advisor actually said I was the third '12 raptor with this same complaint in a coupla weeks....gotta be something to it

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just called my dealer about this yesterday....the advisor actually said I was the third '12 raptor with this same complaint in a coupla weeks....gotta be something to it

Could be something as simple as cheap ass pos schrader valves that they used when they made your guys round of 12's