A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I will take a video of my ac blowing at like 22* there shouldnt be a discussion

All I saw on the Tapatalk app was:

"I will take a video of my ac blowing..."

I thought this was going to much more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We shall see if it works better but I am going to pick it up later today. Dealer recharged the system because it was ".0.04 off" Have no idea what the hell they are talking about with that 0.04 and I don't think the service manager did either. They were able to get it to cool better after re charging the system.
My door lock issue they think is due to a voltage drop in the BCM. They are considering replacing the BCM but asked if I would take note of any accessories that might be active when it screws up. Ford's opinion is that there is only so much voltage available and and voltage drop due to accessories might cause a malfunction.
Didn't even have to straighten out service manager. My salesman got to him first and I got an apology phone call first thing this morning. My dealer has agreed to make this right now no matter what Ford pays or doesn't pay them.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
We shall see if it works better but I am going to pick it up later today. Dealer recharged the system because it was ".0.04 off" Have no idea what the hell they are talking about with that 0.04 and I don't think the service manager did either. They were able to get it to cool better after re charging the system.
My door lock issue they think is due to a voltage drop in the BCM. They are considering replacing the BCM but asked if I would take note of any accessories that might be active when it screws up. Ford's opinion is that there is only so much voltage available and and voltage drop due to accessories might cause a malfunction.
Didn't even have to straighten out service manager. My salesman got to him first and I got an apology phone call first thing this morning. My dealer has agreed to make this right now no matter what Ford pays or doesn't pay them.

Probably meant 4oz? If they recover the refrigertant and weigh it they can tell how much is in the system vs how much should be in there. Dunno how much is supposed to be in there maybe 25 oz?

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It works great now.
From the receipt I figured out what it meant. Refrigerant out was 1.46 pounds, refrigerant back in was 1.50 pounds. Don't know why that was so hard for service manager to figure out. He likes to tell me he is not a tech but, you don't have to be to read that. Oh well, whatever the reason that small amount of refrigerant made all the difference. The coils were not even dirty either fyi.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
It works great now.
From the receipt I figured out what it meant. Refrigerant out was 1.46 pounds, refrigerant back in was 1.50 pounds. Don't know why that was so hard for service manager to figure out. He likes to tell me he is not a tech but, you don't have to be to read that. Oh well, whatever the reason that small amount of refrigerant made all the difference. The coils were not even dirty either fyi.

Ok so there's supposed t 24oz in our systems. Yours had 23.36oz. really? That made a difference? Wow!

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking about taking mine in too. It doesn't work nearly as well as my silverado did. I assumed it was normal, friends have told me Fords AC has never been that good. The AC seats work great though.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it made a difference but it does. Ran my own blind tests with family and others who have ridden in the truck. Only 1 new that I had anything fixed. All noticed it blows nice and cold, couple even asked why I was complaining. No idea how that amount could be that important.

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it made a difference but it does. Ran my own blind tests with family and others who have ridden in the truck. Only 1 new that I had anything fixed. All noticed it blows nice and cold, couple even asked why I was complaining. No idea how that amount could be that important.

Thanks! Did they give you a hard time claiming the system was in spec?

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Service manager had something up his ass Tuesday when he told me he didn't know what they could do since it was within Ford specs so warranty wouldn't cover it. I was set to go talk to him and the dealership owner this morning. He beat me to it by calling me and telling me that they would fix it no matter what it took. My salesman got to him before I got a chance to. Anyway, everything was fixed at no charge. They took care of everything without further issue. Even replaced a light and socket on one of the license plate lights. I think they fudged some stuff. I really doubt the socket was corroded in a 7 month old truck. Didn't charge me for a blown fuse either. Guess my sales guy explained things really well to the service guy.