A/C smell- solved!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I smoke in my truck and can't stand starting my truck in the morning and getting a face full of stale ashtray smell. Simple Green takes care of the smell in the leather and carpet but here's my idea for the A/C system.

• Close all the windows and open all the A/C vents.
  • Put on MAX AC(or at least put it on recirculate)
  • Fog the shit out of the area underneath your glove box with your favorite air sanitizer/smoke eliminator

When you put the A/C on recirculate or MAX A/C the blower draws air from behind the evaporator which is located under the glove box. Get under there with a piece of paper towel or something and hold it up with the system on...you will see where the air is getting sucked in by where it pulls the paper.

What happens is it draws all the Oust(I used Oust) through the entire A/C system and disinfects/deodorizes the venting system of any musty or smoky smells!! Your vents will smell nice and fresh. There's no reason why you can't do this every couple days, and it only takes 10 seconds.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
I never understood how people smoke if they hate the way it smells.........kinda like not wanting to be gay, if you don't like taking it up the tail pipe then just stop.......seems like a pretty simple solution...........:crazy:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never understood how people smoke if they hate the way it smells.........kinda like not wanting to be gay, if you don't like taking it up the tail pipe then just stop.......seems like a pretty simple solution...........:crazy:

Well maybe the Bird is bi-curious Jules.... Did you ever think of that, *******?
Who are you to tell him what he can and can't shove up his own ass?
If he wants to cram a whole pack of Parliaments up there, it's not your job to rain on his parade, ******.
.....sheesh, some people......

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....actually Bird I accidentally left my hardhat in the truck overnight recently with a soaking sweatband that developed a bit of a moldy smell. 2 days later I could still detect the funk when running the a/c. Tried your trick and it solved the problem.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Well maybe the Bird is bi-curious Jules.... Did you ever think of that, *******?
Who are you to tell him what he can and can't shove up his own ass?
If he wants to cram a whole pack of Parliaments up there, it's not your job to rain on his parade, ******.
.....sheesh, some people......

Good point, I guess I'm the *******............

:boobs:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

Ha ha now that is a great example :naughty:

So how long does the Oust smell last ya?