A/c actuators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does it look like the correct actuator for my situation? Getting hot air through the driver's side dash vents with AC on? Passenger side good and cold. Sound right that this one would fix things? I see the same actuator for multiple functions. Thanks once again

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured that out eventually.
I did end up taking it all the way off.
There wasn't any bolt holding it on.
I will have to see if there is one missing.
Had no idea it was so easy at first.
Thought I was only going to have a small amount of access, then it popped off the rest of the way.
I was glad it popped off and didn't break.
Part of the reasons I am not thrilled about taking anything apart I don't need to.
Have been fearing taking the dash, radio, and trim around there off unnecessarily thinking I might snap a tab or clip off.
there should be a copper 7mm bolt that goes through a hole close to the gas pedal.
Does it look like the correct actuator for my situation? Getting hot air through the driver's side dash vents with AC on? Passenger side good and cold. Sound right that this one would fix things? I see the same actuator for multiple functions. Thanks once again
i know the same actuator is used for 2 of them. not sure about all 3 of them. i havent had the ac issue yet so i dont have first hand experience with it.i have replaced them before for other members, but they supplied the part and told me which one to replace

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will have to get a bolt when done with this.
Only had the Raptor a couple months and have not been through much of it yet..
THANKS for the help:0

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The actuator you want is accessed from the passenger side floor board and not the driver side. IIRC, the one by the accelerator pedal has something to do with defrost, but I wouldn't swear to that.

OP
OP
tonyraptor

tonyraptor

Reaction score
Are you plugging the actuators in and testing them outside of the HVAC housing? That will damage the actuator and cause it to function improperly when installed. When actuator is first energized, it does a sweep of the door range to determine orientation.

The ignition needs to be off during installation and the actuator should not be operated outside of the housing.

So I got both actuators today , first they are OEM , remember I am replacing the recirculation actuator and the one that controls where the air comes out ( one by gas pedal ) replaced both didn’t connect either one until both where installed first connected the one for the recirculation then the other one . Took fuse 15 out for one minute , reinstalled fuse and turn key to the on position left for 30 seconds and then turn engine on . The one that controls where the air comes out immediately went to the defrost setting and won’t change , the recirculation will not move stayed on the closed position .
Recirculation light comes on and off , radio screen touch screen for a/c all work meaning if I press max a/c goes to it , and so on , . Do you have any ideas what else could it be or if I am doing anything wrong on the process of calibration . All help is greatly appreciated .

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My only guess would be a fault with a control board, getting a wrong signal, but I don't have the knowledge of how these are computer controlled. Fordtechone will get you squared away sooner or later. I know when my vent damper motor went (gas pedal) it was stuck in defrost, but mine worked right away when I installed a new one. At least they arent expensive. Dreading having this issue, but following along for a solution.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looked at mine a little more last night.
Took another look at the drivers side actuator.
Cycled heat to AC and that one moved and shifted like it should.
Only heat out the driver's side vent still.
Pulled the console side panel off passenger side, see what appears to be another actuator SANDWICHED between sections of the air box.
Tried cycling heat and AC a couple times, but could not see enough of that actuator to tell if it was moving or doing anything, couple taps with screwdriver then some frowns as I imagined trying to get at that actuator.
Guessing that must be the one that gets the Sawzall treatment in YouTube shortcut videos:(
Hoping this is not what I really end up needing to get at.

Attachments

• 20220511_171148_resized.jpg
    20220511_171148_resized.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220511_171144_resized.jpg
    20220511_171144_resized.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 9
  • PassengerSideAC actuator.jpg
    PassengerSideAC actuator.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 9