A/c actuators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonyraptor

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2010 Raptor scab 5.4 dual climate with touch screen controls
I am having issue with the famous a/c actuators I need some guidance . I am having problems with 3 of the actuators first the one that controls where the a/c is going to be blowing middle , defrost , floor ext. That is located by the gas pedal. So I removed the actuator and ck to make sure it wasn’t working , left it connected to the harness and press on the screen to different settings actuator wouldn’t move , moved the door with my hand and it freely moves and changes position like it should and female gear is there and is not broken , bought new OEM actuator from dealer install it and as soon as I install it goes up to the defrost mode and it will not move from there , I did the remove fuse 15 calibration and it doesn’t change anything , so after that I thought maybe the actuator was bad so I returned it and got a new one , but same thing happens .

Passenger side temperature control actuator (one behind radio)
Replaced twice and still doesn’t work with oem part from dealer temperature doesn’t change . No noise can be heard

Recirculation actuator inop , have not replaced , removed blower motor and just left closed the door .

Will really like to fix this problem just because is driving me crazy .

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's odd that the one above the gas pedal didn't fix the circulation problem as it should right away. I've done that one. I am wondering if you have a power problem to the actuator. Are you sure your dealer is giving you the correct actuators as well. I would check online and see what the part numbers are, I can't remember as I did mine a few years ago.

OP
OP
tonyraptor

tonyraptor

Reaction score
Yes they are all the same , the only one that works is the driver side temperature control actuator

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you plugging the actuators in and testing them outside of the HVAC housing? That will damage the actuator and cause it to function improperly when installed. When actuator is first energized, it does a sweep of the door range to determine orientation.

The ignition needs to be off during installation and the actuator should not be operated outside of the housing.

OP
OP
tonyraptor

tonyraptor

Reaction score
Are you plugging the actuators in and testing them outside of the HVAC housing? That will damage the actuator and cause it to function improperly when installed. When actuator is first energized, it does a sweep of the door range to determine orientation.

The ignition needs to be off during installation and the actuator should not be operated outside of the housing.
When I first installed it ( the one by the gas pedal ) I did not connected it until it was installed and then did not start car until after doing the fuse 15 removal after that it did do the sweep and went to the defrost and wouldn’t move from there , but yes after that I did removed the actuator and left connected and checked if it was moving when selection was pressed but was moving erratically , I might have damaged after that .

OP
OP
tonyraptor

tonyraptor

Reaction score

Will order a new one a try again will let you know what happens thanks for your time .

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will order a new one a try again will let you know what happens thanks for your time .
Sounds good. Here’s the calibration procedure for reference:

NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps.

1. Remove Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse 15 for at least one minute.

NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds.

2. Reinstall SJB fuse 15. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct mode door actuator operation.

OP
OP
tonyraptor

tonyraptor

Reaction score

NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps.

NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds.

2. Reinstall SJB fuse 15. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct mode door actuator operation.
Thanks I already order 2 to replace the recirculation and the a/c selection at the same time .

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That’s good info if I have another one go, never had to calibrate mine like that, it worked right away. Maybe it’S Hit* and miss.