801a worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PGas32

Reaction score
I’m looking at the builds everyone is posting and can’t help but to notice I’ve yet to see one without 801a - most are pretty loaded. Personal preference of course, but I can’t seem to justify the $6k charge when the only thing I’d really want is the Trailer Tow package...and even then I really just want the brake controller. Heated steering wheel will be missed, but everything else I can easily do without and use the leftover $$$ to pay my state sales tax. What am I missing, and what makes 801a worth it to you? Curious to hear everyone’s thoughts

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reason I will go with 801A is I want the unleashed sound system, LED projectors, 2nd row heated, applique. Lots of other little things come with it too. I realize you could aftermarket the stereo and lights, but just wanted it included and done with. Is it needed? no. You could get 800A and add all this stuff aftermarket if you like. personal choice.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at the builds everyone is posting and can’t help but to notice I’ve yet to see one without 801a - most are pretty loaded. Personal preference of course, but I can’t seem to justify the $6k charge when the only thing I’d really want is the Trailer Tow package...and even then I really just want the brake controller. Heated steering wheel will be missed, but everything else I can easily do without and use the leftover $$$ to pay my state sales tax. What am I missing, and what makes 801a worth it to you? Curious to hear everyone’s thoughts
Why nickel and dime a $75k vehicle?

OP
OP
PGas32

PGas32

Reaction score
Perimeter entry is worth cost alone
What is that? 800a includes remote start and keyless entry

Why nickel and dime a $75k vehicle?
Yeah, I get that...but I've been down that road before with an F-450 where $65k ballooned into $85k and am trying to be a little more conscientious this go-around. Just trying to figure out what I'm missing as not a single person has mentioned going with the 800a.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, as you walk up to the vehicle, it will put on the running lights,side lights and tailgate lights. Perfect for the late night bonfires!

Oddly enough @PGas32 Im on the opposite end, I'd gladly give up the towing option as I don't tow anything. I just chalk it up to increased resale value.