Is it worth it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wes127

wes127

Reaction score
Solid info! Thinking I might go for it. You gents know if most upgrades I’ve done will bolt up to the Gen 3? (king 3.0 front and rear, svc intercooler, bump rack and kibbetech uppers.?)

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first was an '18, then traded for a '20 after getting tired of having the cam phaser job done multiple times, done only once on the '20. After 80k miles on my '20 ordered my '23. Couldn't be happier with the performance, ride, look, tech, feel. Apples to apples, the price is a good 10k more from '20 to '23 @msrp, the advances are worth it to me. Good luck!

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yooo! I’m thinking about upgrading to a Gen 3 37 pack, out of my 2018 pretty well built Gen 2 with 64k miles on it (hoping most of my upgrades can go to the gen 3). Looking to hear from dudes that went from a Gen 2 to a Gen 3. Any feedback and insight would be rad, and if it’s really worth it!!?
Thank you.
Definitely worth it. I traded in my 2020 Gen 2 heavily modded and absolutely love the 37.

My biggest drawback is the change in power / acceleration. The noise of the 37 with the trombone exhaust running on Baja is phenomenal, but the power to the ground doesn’t feel anything like the tuned Gen 2. Definitely a bit of a loss with the larger tires but the overall tech / interior / feel and drive is substantially better.

Go for it!

OP
OP
wes127

wes127

Reaction score
Definitely worth it. I traded in my 2020 Gen 2 heavily modded and absolutely love the 37.

My biggest drawback is the change in power / acceleration. The noise of the 37 with the trombone exhaust running on Baja is phenomenal, but the power to the ground doesn’t feel anything like the tuned Gen 2. Definitely a bit of a loss with the larger tires but the overall tech / interior / feel and drive is substantially better.

Go for it!
That’s the issue I’m having. My Gen 2 is pretty heavily modded and I love the power and feel. Drive the Gen 3 on 37s and just didn’t feel anything close to the power I have and even the sound of my Gen 2 I love way better. But the tech and the tightness of the Gen 3 is beautiful. Trying to figure out if most of my mods on my Gen 2 are worth transferring over to the Gen 3

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Gen 2 and a Gen 3. The Gen 3 is far better overall but its almost to its detriment. Its the same gripe people had about GTR's, the vehicle is so good its boring. Gen 2 felt more playful to me. A little more raw. Its a sledgehammer vs a scalpel.

The Gen 3 is an overall better package IMO. The thing rides like a $180k luxury vehicle on road. We all know what it can do offroad.

All in all, I would choose the Gen 3 every time.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s the issue I’m having. My Gen 2 is pretty heavily modded and I love the power and feel. Drive the Gen 3 on 37s and just didn’t feel anything close to the power I have and even the sound of my Gen 2 I love way better. But the tech and the tightness of the Gen 3 is beautiful. Trying to figure out if most of my mods on my Gen 2 are worth transferring over to the Gen 3
What exhaust is on your Gen 2?

Reaction score
I went from Gen 2 to Gen 3 as well.

The interior & tech upgrades make it well worth it imho. I also enjoyed the quality of life adjustments made to the suspension/transmission of the truck. I have a 37 pack and have really enjoyed it as a daily driver, a noticeable improvement overall.

Raptor in MS

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor and it blows me away every time I drive it. I have ordered a 2023 with same options and looking forward to drawing a comparison. This day and age (March 2023), how long is the wait between when the dealership orders it until the time they get it on the parking lot? Raptor forever!

Restaurantman

Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up another gen3 (my 21" sold) until my R is delivered (one day in the next century) ...is the 37pp worth the extra money or can you just do springs and bolt on your own 37s? There are a few 22' 37pp out there left on the market, they included the must have heated steering wheel!

Yes, the gen 3 is waaaay better then the gen 2. I traded my 19' on my gen 3 and its night and day.