Is it worth it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wes127

Reaction score
Yooo! I’m thinking about upgrading to a Gen 3 37 pack, out of my 2018 pretty well built Gen 2 with 64k miles on it (hoping most of my upgrades can go to the gen 3). Looking to hear from dudes that went from a Gen 2 to a Gen 3. Any feedback and insight would be rad, and if it’s really worth it!!?
Thank you.

rlj676

Reaction score
Was for me, but only you can decide on that $30k jump.

I had a ram 1500 in between my 19 and 23… but considered another gen 2 but glad I got the 3. Interior, “power” and rear suspension all markedly better.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Gen 3 has WAY better tech than our deuces. The tech is lost on me. That rear suspension had me thinking about the switch also but decided to just throw the SVC catalog at my Gen 2.

Really comes down to what you want from the truck. Make a decision off of that and not trying to keep up with the Jones'

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on buying the Gen 3. My '18 was stolen so I started looking. The interior, transmission changes, rear suspension and improved power curve are great. For me the electronics are a little "over the top". I think it's worth the move.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from 2018 Gen 2 with 75k miles, never had any major problems with it, not even cam phasers. Was hesitant to upgrade, but warranty was running out and I loved the AMB color with the 37’s so I traded. The suspension upgrades are very noticeable and the transmission shifts much better also. I don’t regret the upgrade whatsoever. Go for it if you find a deal you are comfortable with!

GraniteRiver

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im in the same boat now, had ordered a 2022, got rolled to a 2023 and was just notified this morning it was built and expected late April. I honestly never expected to see it. I have a 2019 with full SVC bolt ons, 45k miles. Still seems like going to the '23 is worth the cost.