'69 4 Door f100 prerunner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
to build a 69 f100 4 door, the right way, so it retains resale value...

you're going to want to shop for a rolling chassis. essentially a roller with a title.

the only thing that you'll actually use is the cab and the section of framerail underneath the cab.

I'd go LS . More power, less money, easier to find parts/spares.

all-in, you'll probably spend 175K-250K, depending on how "gucci" you go.

look at blitzkrieg or camburg for the front bulkhead and links/pockets.

Yes, it will need to be caged and it will be a custom job.

If you want to be 4wd, you're probably looking at double the price I quoted.

I'd go J arm/bulkhead with slappers, but I guess you could do it with beams, but I'm not really sure why you'd choose to stay beams on a scratch build.

The previous folks are spot on, bumpside crew cab trucks are hard to find and usually way nicer and way more expensive to source than the dentside extended cabs.

There are also limited fiberglass options, so it would be a good idea to buy the glass first ( 2 sets) so you get all of your clearances right during fab. ( and are able to avoid one-off custom glass.)

I've been planning a similar project for about a year. It'll be another year or two until I start on it.

The other option would be to buy a wrecked f-150, build it with "normal" aftermarket parts and cab swap a 60s cab onto it. The wheelbase are "close" .

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Lol yeah I’m thinking more luxury prerunner and less 6100 class TT haha I think the concept of a “cab swap” to a newer model 5.0 F-150 is more likely.

it would be a neat project. You'd have to do your homework on wheelbase and width, else you better know a good body and/or fiberglass person.

I'd just hate to put that much work in and still be running a leaf spring rear.

Leaf spring trucks like that don't usually sell too well. There is a huge crater in the used prerunner market.

Trucks that are under 125K tend to move fairly well, and gucci shit that is over 250K usually moves fairly well.

If the truck would generally be valued at between 125 and 250, its going to sit for a while and you're gonna take a price beating to move it.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it would be a neat project. You'd have to do your homework on wheelbase and width, else you better know a good body and/or fiberglass person.

I'd just hate to put that much work in and still be running a leaf spring rear.

Leaf spring trucks like that don't usually sell too well. There is a huge crater in the used prerunner market.

Trucks that are under 125K tend to move fairly well, and gucci shit that is over 250K usually moves fairly well.

If the truck would generally be valued at between 125 and 250, its going to sit for a while and you're gonna take a price beating to move it.
Really think if it was a spring under leaf with 18” 4.0s would really be That frowned upon. I’m blind to it as I’m on the east coast.

Maybe I’m believe naive but I would think a donor F-150 with a arm mid/Lt front 3.0+bypasses, leaf under 18” 4.0 rear and fiberglass in parts could run less than 60k?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Really think if it was a spring under leaf with 18” 4.0s would really be That frowned upon. I’m blind to it as I’m on the east coast.

Maybe I’m believe naive but I would think a donor F-150 with a arm mid/Lt front 3.0+bypasses, leaf under 18” 4.0 rear and fiberglass in parts could run less than 60k?

people frown upon buying a built ranger if it is still leaf sprung. furthermore, to actually get the additional uptravel that you want, you'd have to notch the frame.

TBH, If you're already caging it, doing a proper 4 link at the same time is probably 15-20K more than a leaf sprung rear ( especially by the time you factor in leafs, 4.0s, bumps, bump frame, rear axle, etc etc. In particular, if you use a standard, off the shelf fuel cell, the factory rear axle and work with a shop that already has the cad designs drawn up for the back-half.

A back half on the donor truck will also solve any wheelbase differences that you may have between the donor and the vintage truck.