'69 4 Door f100 prerunner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Add another 100k for the tooling to build it too. Haha

I would not attempt something like this by myself.

I can weld, but I just don't have the confidence to design and fabricate the interior cage.

so many of the skills required would take years to learn.

you don't pay a pro for their time. you pay them for their experience. there are certain things on trucks that I want done "my way", so I do them myself. Others, I rely on the experts to design and fabricate. some things, I just hate doing, so I hire someone to do it for me.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not attempt something like this by myself.

I can weld, but I just don't have the confidence to design and fabricate the interior cage.

so many of the skills required would take years to learn.

you don't pay a pro for their time. you pay them for their experience. there are certain things on trucks that I want done "my way", so I do them myself. Others, I rely on the experts to design and fabricate. some things, I just hate doing, so I hire someone to do it for me.
So back to the beginning here. I am leaning more on the extensive research so the build to be as much “part swapping” as possible.

end result will be a mild prerunner “looking” 69 f1

I know you say leafs are frown on but I think for at least my intended use it’s the better option... remember east coat here haha

looking way ahead I’d plan for a future sale under 80k

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So back to the beginning here. I am leaning more on the extensive research so the build to be as much “part swapping” as possible.

end result will be a mild prerunner “looking” 69 f1

so then value retention is less important.

If that's the case, I'd start with wheelbase and width.

I'd guess that you could shorten the wheelbase of the newer donor's frame without too much trouble.

I'm thinking the hardest part of the project would be cab width. newer trucks are pretty chubby. Ive seen lots of mid60s unibody trucks swapped onto crown vics. I'm pretty sure f series trucks are a bit wider than crown vics though.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so then value retention is less important.

If that's the case, I'd start with wheelbase and width.

I'd guess that you could shorten the wheelbase of the newer donor's frame without too much trouble.

I'm thinking the hardest part of the project would be cab width. newer trucks are pretty chubby. Ive seen lots of mid60s unibody trucks swapped onto crown vics. I'm pretty sure f series trucks are a bit wider than crown vics though.
Yeah I think my point about resale under 80 was more of a gauge at total expect result at the end of the build vs value retention.

I do (think) I want to go with a full 4 door. Ford didn’t make a full 4 door f1 then only in f250 so I’d be curious if that could help with the width issue. And also help with availability. Other wise I’m buying two reg cab and welding them together...real redneck style haha

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I think my point about resale under 80 was more of a gauge at total expect result at the end of the build vs value retention.

I do (think) I want to go with a full 4 door. Ford didn’t make a full 4 door f1 then only in f250 so I’d be curious if that could help with the width issue. And also help with availability. Other wise I’m buying two reg cab and welding them together...real redneck style haha
I think you and others have answered your initial question for you, f100 or nonraptor clone, go with the nonraptor and create your own style raptor.