I’ve converted to the dark side..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
454 Motorsports
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. You know the other Chevy owners are going to disown you right? Don't worry we're glad to have you!

oh, you should read the comments on my Instagram posts. Being called a traitor, sell out, threatened to unfollow me! it’s all in fun, I think, lol. But there’s definitely a crowd of diehard Chevy guys not happy about it.

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, you should read the comments on my Instagram posts. Being called a traitor, sell out, threatened to unfollow me! it’s all in fun, I think, lol. But there’s definitely a crowd of diehard Chevy guys not happy about it.

Well at least its in fun cause some really take it seriously. I get mauled on some pages at the F-150 forum.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
What is stock ? 185 ? 190 ? Can you elaborate why its a first go round. Thanks

195. If you are putting lights above the bumper line, you'll be blocking just enough airflow to put you on the border of overheating if you're driving hard.

Also keep in mind that in baja mode, the stupid transmission doesnt like to shift out of 2nd or 3rd until damn near redline, even if you are cruising. This can easily create overheating conditions for the trans and coolant. ( I've since taken to manually shifting when offroad as the truck is much more predictable and you do actually get some compression braking. )

OP
OP
454 Motorsports
Reaction score
195. If you are putting lights above the bumper line, you'll be blocking just enough airflow to put you on the border of overheating if you're driving hard.

Also keep in mind that in baja mode, the stupid transmission doesnt like to shift out of 2nd or 3rd until damn near redline, even if you are cruising. This can easily create overheating conditions for the trans and coolant. ( I've since taken to manually shifting when offroad as the truck is much more predictable and you do actually get some compression braking. )

Yeah, I have zero clue how all these modes work. Thanks for the heads up. I will be mounting some lights, and cooling is always a concern. I’m not afraid of installing CBR coolers though. All of my Chevy builds needed them.