$6000 Over dealer invoice WTF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fbmdkgad

Reaction score
Phil Long in Littleton or Omera in Northglenn?

Phil Long Littleton. I actually bought from them for an invoice deal and had a good experience. I was in for the drive shaft fix last year and was wandering around the showroom and saw what they had the Raptor on showroom floor priced at.

Baldwin09

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Phil Long Littleton. I actually bought from them for an invoice deal and had a good experience. I was in for the drive shaft fix last year and was wandering around the showroom and saw what they had the Raptor on showroom floor priced at.

Had a conversation with them when I was first looking salesman was super nice even brought a 2011 Screw to my house before he went home(Littleton to thornton to castle rock at rush hour not a fun drive) said we could deal on the truck that day but mentioned the man at the rail yard tightened down the back a little hard and tweaked the bed do they would take off 2000 dollars told him no way. He said he'd be getting a black one loaded in a week and we could deal on that one. A week later we go down and ask where the truck was, he said driver was late with their shipment it was around 630 at that time but he did have the window sticker to show us. BAM 64,000 DOLLARS!!!!! Told him no way farthest he would come done was 59 or 60. So he called in the big sales manager I gave him my offer he refused. He thensaid to me I have 4 more coming in that I can sell at my price before you get a raptor from anywhere else. Challenge accepted sir called randy couple days later got super lucky and received a truck in about 2 weeks. A couple months later they still had all of them at the lot reduced

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.931030,-104.933794
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

203kris

Reaction score
That's BS- keep looking. It took me about 3 months and 10 different dealerships, but I was able to get mine for $250 under invoice (with BS dealer fees I ignored bc it brought it to $300 over invoice) by buying it through the retail order program. What this is is basically the dealer orders a Raptor just for you from the factory. This is not a part of their normal allocation so they still get to charge whatever they want for the normal X or so that they'll get, while yours is a bonus (bonus to their stats, holdback, incentives they receive, etc).

Don't believe them at all if they say:
- We CAN'T do that
-Ford won't let us do that
-You won't find a Raptor for less XXXX over MSRP, but for you we'll do......

The only downside is the wait. I waited almost 4 months for my truck (a 2011 Screw), which SUCKED (every day I wanted that d@mn truck). But when it came and I knew I got a great deal it made the wait worth it.

So my advice- retail order it and be patient and don't accept anything over $1000 over invoice (because they're still making out decently with that or less).

OP
OP
L

Loki

Reaction score
I saw 15k over MSRP at a dealer in CO last fall. I guess they can ask.

Yep, that's what the Ford Dealer in Homestead had the truck marked. Salesman did the normal 3 trips to talk to his manager (bunch of bull). So I asked him outright that if I wrote a check in full how much to make it out for and he says $60,000 (7,000 over sticker) and I said bye bye :p

O, and today both the salesman and someone else called and wanted to see if I was still interested in the truck and I said yes, but Not from them!!

Planning on selling my trike and then ordering one. Good thing I am not planning on taking my trip till next year sometime :)

colecoin

Reaction score
I called 3 local ford dealers all within a 60 mile drive from home. Not one of them were able to get me a truck. I was looking for a 2011 super crew and they couldn't bring one in for me. I messed around with them waiting to see if they would come through and never did. So my wife decided to get involved because I couldn't waste more time trying to buy one. She ended up finding me one in PA I ended up getting a 2012 black black loaded front and rear cameras tow package,sun roof, navigation gate step and a full tank of gas plus dinner and 3000 under sticker. I had a great dealer experience they even asked if I would send a text to let them know I made it home. I am impatient and wouldn't wait on an ordered truck so I hopped a plane for 200 bucks and drove my baby home. Good luck on your search if you need the dealers name pm me. They were great to deal with.

203kris

Reaction score
That's what I'm quoting everybody. IF FORD decides to start pulling and building quicker, then ?? who knows ?? maybe 2-3 months, but don't hold your breath. :peace::waytogo::peace:
But you can put the Dealer BS aside?
randy

Randy is right about this- the times can vary pretty widely. I know of a guy who ordered his Raptor from the same dealership the same week as mine with a priority code of 10, with mine being 11. He got his in 9 weeks or so, while I waited ~4 months. The only explanations I could get was that my truck was built in a batch that was held in a random lot for a 'quality hold' (when I tracked down people at the factory they said that in the end nothing was done to the trucks so the hold was worthless- more administrative than anything). The other explanation I got was that there was a bottleneck in shipping at the time. So basically it can come down to 'luck' also.

Last year it seemed like most people waited about 12 weeks.

If you guys don't go through Randy I'd also suggest double checking that you're getting a good priority number if it's a retail sale. I've read that most dealerships start at '10', with the very low numbers for emergencies (i.e. truck destroyed in transit and they need another one ASAP). A dealership can start at about any number that they want, so if they tell you they start at 20 make sure that that is the absolute lowest for an order and not just what they prefer to start you at- otherwise other orders will get filled by Ford first. And of course like I said luck plays a role as the dealership can't help it if the truck gets caught up in a hold.

Randy, I'd like to think I have a pretty good hold on this from being an internet detective last year in ordering my truck but please correct me if I got anything wrong. I didn't discover this place until after I had my truck but from what people say I'm believing now that going to you from the beginning would have been the best way to go.

Nightrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the title says. I went to the local dealer who has a SCrew in stock and it was priced way, way over invoice. Was able to get him down to $6000 over invoice form the 10-12 he wanted.

This can't be right ??

Or is it.

Just thought I would ask before I even bothered looking for another Ford Dealer to buy from.

Thanks
Mark

I was looking here in the Dallas area on Autotrader and a dealer had one for 146K. I thought it was a misprint but it was on there for a couple weeks.