5Star Tuner questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dkyacht

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the shifting has been my only gripe on the truck so far. I always tell people that it feels like its arguing with itself.

Like,
Hes hittin the gas, GO!
No, I have to shift properly and efficiently!

This definatley makes me want it even more now.

Question. I have an exhaust but not an intake yet cuz Im still deciding which one to get.

Will the tune b the same with and without the intake or should I get the intake first and have the tunes done after to match the intake and exhaust?

5star asks all those questions before doing your tune so you may want to do the intake then tune it. Look at their site, there's a bunch of info they want to know in order to get you the appropriate tunes.

Dave

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tuner really does fix all of the transmission issues. Just like DK said above, it greatly improves the shift points, got rid of my rough idle and definitely added some power! Between my aftermarket exhaust, intake and now tuner, the truck just seems to have a ton of extra power! Supposedely you can get better gas mileage too... But I haven't taken my foot off the skinny pedal or changed out of the performance tune!

OP
OP
Dkyacht

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tuner really does fix all of the transmission issues. Just like DK said above, it greatly improves the shift points, got rid of my rough idle and definitely added some power! Between my aftermarket exhaust, intake and now tuner, the truck just seems to have a ton of extra power! Supposedely you can get better gas mileage too... But I haven't taken my foot off the skinny pedal or changed out of the performance tune!

Your right, I was using "fix" loosely. You get the point that it's way better!

Dave

pfdrpete

Reaction score
I just installed my 5 Star Tune, Holy Mackeral, what a Difference! Thanks Mike and 5 STar Tuning, you let me realize just how much I was missing. To all who dont have, you need to do it. PS thansk
Randy for the phone consult!

jeff_oddo

Reaction score
I'm thinking about going with a full Stainless Works exhaust without cats. Can he tune for the cat delete so I don't throw codes?

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when buying it from 5star they ask you what mods you have done to give you the right tune for your truck, near the bottom of the form there a box that asks what mods have you done and you just put in what you have (exhaust, CAI, headers, ect.)

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah just make sure to fill out all mods on the form or call them and be sure to tell them everything. they will take care of u, they r very easy to work with

mike.s

Reaction score
Holy crap! I just installed 5Star tune on my '13 scab and it freakin rocks! A huge improvement in shifting and throttle response. I've been driving around this evening laughing like a madman. I'm lucky I didn't get a ticket. The beast has been unleashed! Well worth the money.