Tuner ? Intercooler ! Warranty....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37s will prob cause some issues with any cv/steering warranty/trans.
Doubt the intercooler (if in oem location) will cause anything.
Tune will def void mostly everything unless your dealership is pretty friendly with you, and of course dependent on what/how things broke.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It depends on several things.

how ambitious are you getting with it, how high a profile - FMIC is a dead giveaway to a tune. stock mount intercoolers a little lower profile. if the cam phasers were done; TSB / retune performed, and there are no known issues with the truck, tuning would likely be reasonably safe, however...

you could have an incidental powertrain failure - something innocuous like an axle shaft seal, cv joint, or maybe a hard part - transfer case

The warranty covers up to a grand total of $20,000 in both parts and Labor. Our aftermarket warranty covers up to $10,000 for the engine, $6,000 for the transmission, $1,500 per axle, and up to $3,000 in labor. Warranty coverage will only kick in if your Ford Dealership or Ford Motor Company deny repair coverage under your truck’s factory powertrain warranty due to 5 Star’s custom tunes.

It doesn’t appear that incidentals, or the transfer case is covered here and that could leave you out a significant portion of parts and labor expense. Also, the engine cap at least is a little light. IIRC, a 3.5 long block is something like 15k(?)

It’s better than nothing, and not bad.

OP
OP
oscargarcia1158
Reaction score
It depends on several things.

how ambitious are you getting with it, how high a profile - FMIC is a dead giveaway to a tune. stock mount intercoolers a little lower profile. if the cam phasers were done; TSB / retune performed, and there are no known issues with the truck, tuning would likely be reasonably safe, however...

you could have an incidental powertrain failure - something innocuous like an axle shaft seal, cv joint, or maybe a hard part - transfer case

It doesn’t appear that incidentals, or the transfer case is covered here and that could leave you out a significant portion of parts and labor expense. Also, the engine cap at least is a little light. IIRC, a 3.5 long block is something like 15k(?)

It’s better than nothing, and not bad.
Great point brother, so after tuning it there's no going back.... its just crazy how many videos there's out there of trucks with a tuner. seems like the raptor is a very very durable truck. so that's why I'm leaning more towards tuning it. I do want the front bumper, intercooler, wider fenders, and just keep adding after that.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it’s the 18 Raptor you can uninstall the tune and do about 15 key cycles over a few days and they never know.
Don’t think that dirty trick works on a gen 3

OP
OP
oscargarcia1158
Reaction score
If it’s the 18 Raptor you can uninstall the tune and do about 15 key cycles over a few days and they never know.
Don’t think that dirty trick works on a gen 3
ive never heard of that, @Nex can you elaborate on that? .. I've heard of the key cycles but its just a way to hide and push back the uninstall on the log, not really hide it.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You do want a few days of stock driving on the PCM before going to the service department. Although I forgot this last time and no one said anything about it. Or the Kings, missing bumpers, lights everywhere, etc.

Really depends on your service advisor and what you are having done. I wouldn't return to stock for an oil change, but I would if some type of program/wiring issue.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

yeah, @Nex is what we call “an enabler”...
it took me a while to realize he was living vicariously through me spending money on mods.

But yeah, if the performance is your priority, the tune is where most of the power is going to be found. Just have money on hand for repairs.