5 point harness? Possible without a cage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3 or 5 Point Harness Solution Sans Cage?

HARNESS / MOUNT - has anyone come up with a cost-effective back seat mount that allows the driver & co-pilot to ******** a full harness? Some day a cage, but for now definitely a harness to eliminate death by stock seatbelt strangulation.

Have seen these harnesses. Others?

http://corbeau.com/products/harness_belts/

- Harnesses & Restraints -

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=170614952038

Are any made to work without a rear bar? Word is the bars can fold like a cheap suit in a head on encounter with an immovable object like a tree.

Do any come with enough length to snap into the rear seatbelt connector or mounts? Stock seats, so is a high angle to connect to the rear seat belt posts. I hear the angle should be less than 45 degrees to be safe? Other options?

Tough one with a lot of liability issues I'm sure, which is why no one seems to have tackled it for the Raptor yet? I'll take safety over comfort any day, but perhaps there's a solution

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am looking for the same type of set up just to hold my fat ass in the seat without strangling me in the process... Last year at TRR had some bruising and friction burns on my collar bone..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check yo self before ya wreck yo self. Yeah, very distracting to keep loosening the belts. NoMansLand is no place to be at the Texana Ranch. Nothing but trees, ravines, and cliffs. And double down arrow hazards haha. I had some close calls, but only flew off the rails one time - dicking around trying to reattach my seat belt connector.

The truck thinks you are wrecking all the way around that punishing hill country track. Eventually it tightens up so much that it won't loosen any more.

You can take that strangulation for a bit, but then it gets even worse - feels like its going to cut you in half. So you have to unfasten the seatbelt connector - not safe and is distracting to take eyes off road to look for it because are bouncing around too much to find it. Maybe some long hair? Tried just lap belts, but after a sudden deceleration backache at Lil Sahara I won't be doing that again.

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have this one in one of my Rigs and like it. You will have to drill a hole in the floor behind the seat to attach it.
2.inch-43301-L.jpg

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I am looking for the same type of set up just to hold my fat ass in the seat without strangling me in the process... Last year at TRR had some bruising and friction burns on my collar bone..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

...and that was just from Brandi tying you up in the tent.:hump:

GMBRacing

Reaction score
no matter where you attach the end of the belt you must be as close to horizontal when they belts cross you shoudlers, if you have them pulling down, if and when you crash, the belts will compress your spine and damage you severely.
check on circle track magazine,s web site for the article on proper seat belt mounting. It can save your life. i have built and raced cars for 40 yearss and have seen the good and bad mounting . Ill take the good and walk away.