4wd in rain highway speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ace75

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to double check. In my silverado, I use 4wd high when its raining. Is it fine to do the same in my raptor? Thanks in advance.

Banned
Reaction score
why do you need 4x4 in the rain?
do you find yourself hydro planing lots?

personally the only times i use 4hi (in my ranger) on the highway is if theres a few inches of snow and only after ive started to slide a bit.

White608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could help if it hasn't rained in some time and the road becomes slick from the oil and trash on the surface ?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
100mph I know that is off road but if you driving in a straight line it wont hurt it just weir the tiers out faster and use more gas. try sliding the truck with out turning off the traction control it puts on the break to the wheel it needs.
The truck is so safe you might think your invincible.

OP
OP
A

ace75

Reaction score
At low speeds, the wheels like to break lose, it's just easier to leave it in 4wd high at all times when it's raining.

Banned
Reaction score
Well it will wear things out faster, so if you don't mind that have at it.

I just reduce my speed/acceleration if things break loose, or I start sliding.
But I also don't have any traction control at all.

OP
OP
A

ace75

Reaction score
I haven't noticed traction control kicking in yet. In my cobra there's a light that comes on when traction control kicks on, I assume the raptor does the same?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
your good as long as the truck isn't hopping in turns that is grabbing the road hard if it starts doing that I would take it out imop the stig raced it around the race track in top gear with out blowing anything up so we should be good for quite a few miles any how

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
why do you need 4x4 in the rain?
do you find yourself hydro planing lots?

personally the only times i use 4hi (in my ranger) on the highway is if theres a few inches of snow and only after ive started to slide a bit.

Cruising down the tollway at 70mph with standing water...i'll take 4hi. :waytogo:

You ever try to accelerate hard on a wet surface in the rain in 2wd?