43K for a 2012 SCab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EXrider

Reaction score
The stealer wants $43,055 for this SCab Raptor, they won't budge on the price, not even a grand. He insists that he could dealer trade it above invoice and he's not interested in anything below their sticker.

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to my question, but I'm just wondering if this is even a remotely fair price? This is actually one of the only new Raptors I've found listed below MSRP.

This is also pretty much the only new or used SCab Raptor available on the lot without several grand worth of options I don't care about, within a 500 mile radius. I'm pretty certain the stealer knows this as well.

The only option on it is the interior accent package, which I also don't really care for.

Here's the window sticker, which incorrectly lists it as an '11 and doesn't list the interior package: http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FTEX1R66BFC47389&refid=DC&hash=ce159a5da4dc362dede3b48e84938c&pacode=09409&modelid=220

OP
OP
E

EXrider

Reaction score
Problem is, I can't wait 3 months for an order. I need to tear into my daily driver (a Jetta TDI with 216,000mi) and do: a timing belt, stage 2 clutch & flywheel, and it also needs a glowplug recall performed. See the 16,000mi part? I'm that far past the 100,000mi life of the timing belt and racking up 80 miles a day commuting to and from work.

So unfortunately, I'm in a bit of a time crunch. Buying a Raptor (and possibly overpaying a grand or two) is probably cheaper than renting a car as well.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem is, I can't wait 3 months for an order. I need to tear into my daily driver (a Jetta TDI with 216,000mi) and do: a timing belt, stage 2 clutch & flywheel, and it also needs a glowplug recall performed. See the 16,000mi part? I'm that far past the 100,000mi life of the timing belt and racking up 80 miles a day commuting to and from work.

So unfortunately, I'm in a bit of a time crunch. Buying a Raptor (and possibly overpaying a grand or two) is probably cheaper than renting a car as well.

Holy shit dude. I have an 03 TDI Jetta for my daily driver... You better get that TB done! A coworker of mine just had hers grenade at only 80k because of a timing belt failure and she had to replace the motor and turbo.

Still doesn't seem like a good enough reason to rush into a 43k investment.

OP
OP
E

EXrider

Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone having to replace the entire engine over a TB failure on a TDI. The head and maybe a short-block, not that I want to do that either, but...

I'm fairly certain the previous owner had the TB done way past the first 100k anyway, I looked it over when I bought it at 130k and the belt and tensioner pulley looked brand new.

43K is a grand under MSRP according to truecar.com and edmunds.com.

In any case, the timing belt needs to be done ASAP and last time I checked, I can't rent a car for $680/mo. See how I'm rationalizing all of this? Don't **** it up! LOL