3M clear guard over full wrap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions from guys that have full wraps and have run in the bush off road. I am hearing that my wrap will only last 6 to 8 months if getting significant amounts of pin striping.... my installer suggested a 3M clear wrap over the sides and front of the truck.

Wrap by Josh at Designs & Signs

Raptor Expedition trucks? Do you see much bush and brush on your adventures?

Rear.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorBri

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, Thanks Jason! I can't believe nobody has an opinion on this? oh well, I'll get it done and compare with others that didn't :)

ExpeditionFatherhood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a wrap on this truck, but I had a partial wrap on my old F-250 and it only lasted 2 years due to excessive amounts of mud and dirt thrown at it. A clear wrap would make a lot of sense to protect it.. Would it change the look at all I'm wondering?

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my whole truck done in clear bra except for the roof and rear of the cab. The only problem with it is that everything (including stock decals and fender flares) is glossy. I know there is a matte clear bra now and I would've gone with it but it was brand new when I had my truck done and they were having problems with streaks in the film.

Great way to protect the wrap but it might be just as expensive in the long run to replace the wrap if/when it get scratched. I don't remember exactly but I think the full bra on my truck was over $3k in Calgary. Clear bra will stain too if mud / bug guts are allowed to sit on it.

OP
OP
RaptorBri

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info! Thanks guys!

Ya, it would be the Matt finish 3M so should still look ok. I'm into this wrap for over $4k, so might be good insurance. Guy said he would do the clear on the sides and hood for about $900. Our runs regularly see brush and shrubs so pinstriping is guaranteed. Sounds like this is a no brainier :)

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good info! Thanks guys!

Ya, it would be the Matt finish 3M so should still look ok. I'm into this wrap for over $4k, so might be good insurance. Guy said he would do the clear on the sides and hood for about $900. Our runs regularly see brush and shrubs so pinstriping is guaranteed. Sounds like this is a no brainier :)
What kind of runs do you guys do?

OP
OP
RaptorBri

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Corona,

Most of our runs are fairly high speed thru the mountain areas in southern Albera, or high speed thru whoops, sand, prairie stuff. We also have miles and miles of trunk roads with switchbacks etc.
Where in BC are you? Our big run of the year is the BC500 that begins and ends in Nelson. This is actually the Canadian Division of Raptor Expeditions. In your back yard. This years run is July 17-19.
Let me know if you are interested and I will get you more info........actually join our FB page Alberta Area Raptor Group. We post our runs on there.