GEN 2 Baja Designs S8 30" Grill Light bar kit install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toledoUPSguy

Reaction score
Most folks want the back light on when the truck is on, as it goes with the "Raptor look"
I disagree but I'm a nobody. If it went with the "raptor look" then the 3 lights in the grill would be on all the time too. Just my opinion. To me the parking light harness that SPV or Starkey sells is a lot better solution even if it isn't free. I have DB s8 bars and much prefer the raptor lights than the ones in the s8. Again, just the opinion of a nobody, not a vendor.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The S8 has 2x power connections, 1 for the amber ‘back’ lights, the other for the main, white lights. You can wire them separately or together, with or without a harness.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I disagree but I'm a nobody. If it went with the "raptor look" then the 3 lights in the grill would be on all the time too. Just my opinion. To me the parking light harness that SPV or Starkey sells is a lot better solution even if it isn't free. I have DB s8 bars and much prefer the raptor lights than the ones in the s8. Again, just the opinion of a nobody, not a vendor.

Your 3 amber lights in your grill ARE always on... as required by DOT (well 1 single light for DOT but Ford made it look nicer)

toledoUPSguy

Reaction score
Your 3 amber lights in your grill ARE always on... as required by DOT (well 1 single light for DOT but Ford made it look nicer)
Sorry but you are wrong. They are not always on, only on when parking or headlights are on.

Also wrong about the required lights. If the vehicle is over 80" wide there are 5 lights required front and rear. 3 in a cluster called ID lights that signify the vehicle is over 80" wide and one on each side at the outside edge. Where RAM and Ford got creative with the TRX and Raptor is up front, they didn't put the front ID lights up as "high as practical" they put them in the grill so you don't confuse their top truck with a lowly dually. Got the rear correct by putting them in the 3rd brake light location.

Not trying to be argumentative just clearing something up that as a vendor you should have known. Also you mentioned your free taps when the question answered from 2 other vendors was how to wire them to come on with the parking lights.

toledoUPSguy

Reaction score
Pictures with engine running
1) headlight switch on auto
2) headlight switch off
3) parking lights
4) all lights on

Attachments

• 20210823_134630.jpg
    20210823_134630.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210823_134646.jpg
    20210823_134646.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210823_134701.jpg
    20210823_134701.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210823_134716.jpg
    20210823_134716.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 12

V_K

Reaction score
I broke a few of the push pins on the top. Does anyone know where I can get an OEM replacement. Even the dealer didn't have any for me today while I was there.
Did anyone find the OEM part number for this?

V_K

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m going to install this s8 light bar on my 2017 Raptor. Do you guys have any other advice/tips when installing this?

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m going to install this s8 light bar on my 2017 Raptor. Do you guys have any other advice/tips when installing this?

There's quite a few youtube installation videos out there that are quite helpful. We've installed a ton of these, just make sure to take your time. The panels around the headlights do not need to be fully removed, you can just pop them loose and bend them slightly outwards on the sides nearest to the grille to physically remove the grille off the truck.

Sn6Bi4O.jpg