37 shocks on 35 Truck / Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rambo Crane

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has installed 37PP f/r shocks on a 35 truck that is running 37s...?

I understand 37PP has less travel, thicker pistons, different valving, and front offers approx. 1/2" lift over 35 package. Also assuming swap would be apples to apples, same for ride characteristics.

Thoughts?

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely only changed shaft diameter and valving to accommodate heavier 37” wheels on rebound. Doesn’t seem like anyone is having issues with that while still running the stock 35 shocks. You’d have to be leaving the ground often to maybe see any issues. Seems like it wouldn’t be worth the cost.

munch520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely only changed shaft diameter and valving to accommodate heavier 37” wheels on rebound. Doesn’t seem like anyone is having issues with that while still running the stock 35 shocks. You’d have to be leaving the ground often to maybe see any issues. Seems like it wouldn’t be worth the cost.
That was my thinking, and when they go/need rebuilt I'm just gonna upgrade to Fox 3.0 anyway.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has installed 37PP f/r shocks on a 35 truck that is running 37s...?

I understand 37PP has less travel, thicker pistons, different valving, and front offers approx. 1/2" lift over 35 package. Also assuming swap would be apples to apples, same for ride characteristics.

Thoughts?
I just about asked the opposite in this thread.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Has anybody checked the part #’s? Think there is different computer tuning on the 37”?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What would be the point? The things that matter are exactly the same in both variants.