Putting 35's on a 37PP truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just curious with much discussion about running 37's on a 35 truck - what about the opposite? With all the tuning, larger diameter inside the shocks, etc - what would the ride and dynamics be like if one was to go down in size?

I tried searching, though I'll admit I'm on mobile right now.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there will be 80% of ppl on here who will give you shit for making this thread. This is uncharted territory you running into.
Probably, but I could care less. This'll be my fourth Raptor so they can suck it. Just an early morning thought of the difference between the trucks and what happens if one was to do it.

Last edited:

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d think performance would only improve although you would have less rubber cushion so you may notice a change in ride quality if you’re switching out same brand/model tire.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The suspension on the 37 has an inch less travel. You might be able to fix that, depending.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about doing this also, but only in the winter. I have a new set of wheels and tires and was thinking about putting a winter tire on my old wheels to run in the cold season because it only comes in 35.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The suspension on the 37 has an inch less travel. You might be able to fix that, depending.
this is correct, id say the unsprung weight diff between the 2 tires equates to about 15-25lbs per corner. You'd likely have a bit stiffer ride because spring rates are set for the heavier w/t combo. Also the valving in shocks is set for same as is the valve attenuation in the algorithm for the live wire. You’d get a bump in fuel milage. Do they bump the final drive on a 37 package or is it still 4.10? IDK but i think its still 4.10. All in all totally doable. She just may not be as pliable over the street bumps but nothing too crazy.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d think performance would only improve although you would have less rubber cushion so you may notice a change in ride quality if you’re switching out same brand/model tire.
True, one inch of rubber less on the ground. Unsprung weight may improve performance, as well as rotating diameter. Thanks!
I wonder if that's a physical hardware change inside the shock, such as the 3/4" to 1" inside, or a fix through FORScan. Probably hardware I'd think.
I was actually thinking about doing this also, but only in the winter. I have a new set of wheels and tires and was thinking about putting a winter tire on my old wheels to run in the cold season because it only comes in 35.
Agreed here, considering having two sets as well.
this is correct, id say the unsprung weight diff between the 2 tires equates to about 15-25lbs per corner. You'd likely have a bit stiffer ride because spring rates are set for the heavier w/t combo. Also the valving in shocks is set for same as is the valve attenuation in the algorithm for the live wire. You’d get a bump in fuel milage. Do they bump the final drive on a 37 package or is it still 4.10? IDK but i think its still 4.10. All in all totally doable. She just may not be as pliable over the street bumps but nothing too crazy.
As far as I know, it's all a 4.10 gear. Might just do it anyway and answer the question for sure. Like I said, just thinking out loud! Thanks!

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you stick with the OEM tires, it is only 1 pound difference between the 35 and 37... Hard to believe, but I looked it up. The 37's are 63# each and the 35's are 62# each.

I am pretty sure you won't notice a ride difference... maybe a little in acceleration, due to the smaller diameter.