35 to 37 Raptor What would you pay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps ill buy a lightly used one in a couple years at a substantial discount like i did with my gen2…

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit of Hyperbole here:). Much Better is a stretch. I to have owned a 2019, 21 35, and now a 22 37pp. The only over 85mph handling that is better in the Gen 2 is on pavement cornering. The five link is a bit soft and seems to get a tad loose, but not so much it is a huge concern. Every other area from a suspension standpoint the Gen 3 suspension is better IMO. Sold my 35 in May for more than I paid for my 37, so no financial hit. I prefer the 37. Usual desert runs are faster in the 37 (it stays more composed with rougher roads and washes) I leave my trucks stock (thats why I buy a raptor) with no decals at all. MPG is a tad worse than my 21 with 35's but less than one MPG over all. Since this is my daily driver I would never consider putting 37's on a stock 35. That is just me. As a 5k upgrade (no recaros) it was less expensive for me to get the stock 37's than buy a 35 and put 37's on. Lots of questionable posts from individuals who have no experience with the 37. I offroad 3-4 times a month so it may be a bigger deal to me than others.
I should have been more clear, in my experience the 35 handles much better at high speeds turning corner, even corners on a freeway, like 70 in Colorado. The 37 takes bumps a bit better, but I generally prefer the 35. I think the my 2019 is also better looking. The hood vent as well as the fender vents is more sporty on the 35……just an opinion.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I should have been more clear, in my experience the 35 handles much better at high speeds turning corner, even corners on a freeway, like 70 in Colorado. The 37 takes bumps a bit better, but I generally prefer the 35. I think the my 2019 is also better looking. The hood vent as well as the fender vents is more sporty on the 35……just an opinion.
You’re also by implication much more intimately familiar with the handling idiosyncrasies of the ’19, the comfort level while pushing is going to be much higher.

OP
OP
ELmx479

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but making this trade is dumb. You don’t have to drive one to know physics. If you want performance you buy the 35 and if you want to brag to your buddies who know nothing about trucks you get the 37. /thread
Considering I want to get the same color so untrained eye don’t know I bought a new truck so won’t be bragging lol.

OP
OP
ELmx479

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Raptor last year the week of Christmas. Dealers may be more amenable to compromise trying to make year end and monthly sales quotas. I’d shoot for 5k but would accept 7k.
$7k is the goal as the wheels alone would be roughly $3000