$33k for Gen 1 OR $43k for Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the Gen 1. Nice Truck man. Without the over inflated prices of the other Gens you can mod that beast up any way you want it and still be cheaper than the other gens. Pay no attention to the Gen 2 people that think there's is better. Each Gen has its own advantages and disadvantages

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pay no attention to the Gen 2 people that think there's is better. Each Gen has its own advantages and disadvantages
Nobody likes it when they are informed that their purchase decision may not have been the best. Marketing is a powerful tool.

The only things I would want from the Gen 2 is the aluminum body, electric steering rack, and the 10 speed trans.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody likes it when they are informed that their purchase decision may not have been the best. Marketing is a powerful tool.

The only things I would want from the Gen 2 is the aluminum body, electric steering rack, and the 10 speed trans.
As a Aviation mechanic for the pass 25 yrs. The only real advantage of Al body is light weight

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at least there wont be holes everywhere
It all comes down to how you maintain it. Im not sold on the Aluminum body until I see one 12yrs of daily driving in the North East like my Gen 1. I have replaced my outer rockers and cab corners and some other touch up and it looks GREAT. When I did the rockers just a yr ago they weren't that bad in fact most people wouldn't of done anything but Im **** with maintenance so I did it. We replace parts of the skin on aircraft constantly in our service center and they are just exposed to moisture, not salty baths on roads in the north east. The ice melt on runways is not nearly as bad as they use on roads, its just extremely expensive is why its not used on roads. Other than that the only time Aircraft get any kind of salt is misty air being parked outside on a ramp near some Beach. Ive seen parts in wings and stabilizers practically turned into dust just from moisture getting in. Thats why Aircraft are Extensively Inspected on a continuous basis for safety.

AFPhysO

Reaction score
If it hasn’t been said already, a 2017 will have the plastic oil pan. Even if it replaced following the TO exactly, it’ll probably end up leaking again. Mine was replaced at 20K and began slowly leaking again around 55K. But it was still a great driving truck with no other issues. Unless you count the bouncy rear end when going over bumps at speed.