30k service for $1200?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought my 2019 Raptor in for an oil change (near 30k miles) and they gave me a sheet of "recommended" services at 30K...
  • Check/Adjust tire pressures
  • Brake inspection
  • Inspect belts/hoses
  • Test battery
  • Replace engine air filter
  • Inspect engine cooling system and hoses
  • Install premium oil conditioner (not sure what this is)
  • Install windshield washer solvent
  • Top off all fluids
  • Multi-point inspection
  • Ethanol fuel service
  • BG air induction clean-up service
  • 10-speed automatic transmission fluid change
  • Engine coolant change
  • Oil crankcase cleaning
  • Replace differential fluid change
All this for $1232 at the dealer.

I had them do the oil change and tire rotation for $65. I changed the air filter myself ($22 retail) when I got back home. How much of this is really that important at 30k miles?
honestly if u have to ask ,that's pro y they tried to sell it to u .

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah huge upsell. I took mine in for tires and safety/emissions inspections and they only charged me for the tires. At 33k. Get a better dealer.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Total BS! Components that have moving parts (engines, trans, diff's) are much better now than even 10 years ago. Change the fluids when the scheduled maintenance calls for it but I always do most of it myself. That is part of the problem when you know how to do it, you dont trust anyone. Even now IF I get an oil change I still check everything afterwards. Just can't help it, OCD...
AGREE 100%, always check the work over, these techs are paid flat rate and the faster they go the more they make and also the more mistakes are made.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Change tranny and diff fluid at 30k miles??? Get the hell out of that place. Is that an air box cleaning? I’m speechless.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually have all the fluids changed in my gearboxes changed about every 30k miles. I had a synthetic oil change, both diffs, transfer case and trans fluid changed plus an air filter and alignment done at my dealer for about $1000 on my 2018. I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer. They also installed the supercharger on my Mustang.