30k service for $1200?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonestock

Reaction score
I brought my 2019 Raptor in for an oil change (near 30k miles) and they gave me a sheet of "recommended" services at 30K...
  • Check/Adjust tire pressures
  • Brake inspection
  • Inspect belts/hoses
  • Test battery
  • Replace engine air filter
  • Inspect engine cooling system and hoses
  • Install premium oil conditioner (not sure what this is)
  • Install windshield washer solvent
  • Top off all fluids
  • Multi-point inspection
  • Ethanol fuel service
  • BG air induction clean-up service
  • 10-speed automatic transmission fluid change
  • Engine coolant change
  • Oil crankcase cleaning
  • Replace differential fluid change
All this for $1232 at the dealer.

I had them do the oil change and tire rotation for $65. I changed the air filter myself ($22 retail) when I got back home. How much of this is really that important at 30k miles?

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tire rotation is included in the works, what dealership is this?

Beverley Hills

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
None of that is required in my opinion, tire rotations were always included when I went to Ford for an oil change. Yeah maybe the air filter. Sounds like they are trying extra hard to rip you off. They should be checking the brakes when they rotate the tires for FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At most dealerships, service advisors are paid on commission. The more service they sell you, the more money they make. They prey on people who don't read the manual. Honest ones don't last in the job because they don't produce enough revenue for the dealership.

Most of the stuff on that list is bullsh!t and included free with any service at even a normal rip-off dealership. And the tranny service? Do a quick search here and read all of the horror stories of dealerships messing it up and ruining the tranny. I would find a different dealership, post haste.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simply follow your maintenance schedule. Front diff is rarely used for 99% of people. Read I will actually do at 50000

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems excessive. $300 for tranny. Maybe another $200 for the diffs. The rest is BS!
  • Check/Adjust tire pressures ... DIY
  • Brake inspection ... one minute
  • Inspect belts/hoses ... one minute
  • Test battery ... one minute
  • Replace engine air filter ... two minutes
  • Inspect engine cooling system and hoses ... one minute
  • Install premium oil conditioner (not sure what this is) ... Huh?
  • Install windshield washer solvent ... What?
  • Top off all fluids ... They rarely actually do this
  • Multi-point inspection ... brakes, e-brake, tire pressure...
  • Ethanol fuel service ... Whaaaaat?
  • BG air induction clean-up service... ?
  • 10-speed automatic transmission fluid change ... If you tow, or just want to be sure, Hell Yes!
  • Engine coolant change ... Noop
  • Oil crankcase cleaning ... Only if you have never changed your oil
  • Replace differential fluid change ... Sure, why not. get that original oil changed.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Total BS! Components that have moving parts (engines, trans, diff's) are much better now than even 10 years ago. Change the fluids when the scheduled maintenance calls for it but I always do most of it myself. That is part of the problem when you know how to do it, you dont trust anyone. Even now IF I get an oil change I still check everything afterwards. Just can't help it, OCD...