21' LFG RAPTOR XPEL STEALTH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man - this is just false information
The material is not designed to be "stretched" around corners and even body lines. The whole point is the installer needs to know this and as someone else posted use "bulk" to place and tuck not stretch.... Its not accurate to say the product is not designed to "wrap" and gives people the wrong idea. The Xpel Stealth by design has to wrap around corners or it doesn't look good. Your 2019 was not done correctly and should be taken back to the installer for warranty replacement
Don’t shoot the messenger, that is exactly what I was told by an XPel employee. Yes people can install it differently and probably make it work on some applications. For clarification, I WANTED to have stealth installed on my new truck, but he said if it is installed, there will be small gaps between the PPF and existing paint. He indicated “most people” have no problem with it, but some do. He actually showed me the material on a blue TRX. There was a small space between the PPF and taillight where gloss blue was evident. In the sunlight from about 7-10 away I could not see the gap, but any closer it was obvious. The space was about 1/4 inch wide. I am sure it will look fine on more subdued colors and to each his own, but to me it will not look good on orange, which brings up another point. The stealth will turn the orange into more of a tangerine color, consequently the small gaps will appear as an orange outline.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t shoot the messenger, that is exactly what I was told by an XPel employee. Yes people can install it differently and probably make it work on some applications. For clarification, I WANTED to have stealth installed on my new truck, but he said if it is installed, there will be small gaps between the PPF and existing paint. He indicated “most people” have no problem with it, but some do. He actually showed me the material on a blue TRX. There was a small space between the PPF and taillight where gloss blue was evident. In the sunlight from about 7-10 away I could not see the gap, but any closer it was obvious. The space was about 1/4 inch wide. I am sure it will look fine on more subdued colors and to each his own, but to me it will not look good on orange, which brings up another point. The stealth will turn the orange into more of a tangerine color, consequently the small gaps will appear as an orange outline.
I agree with you on the orange.... not sure how that would look. and I'm not trying to start any keyboard warrior BS
I just know if its done correctly (and again - right color) that the Xpel stealth is perfect as a wrap. again not trying to start anything but your own words show what I am talking about....... "He actually showed me the material on a blue TRX. There was a small space between the PPF and taillight where gloss blue was evident. In the sunlight from about 7-10 away I could not see the gap, but any closer it was obvious. The space was about 1/4 inch wide"
This is 100% the installers fault, the taillight needed completely removed with the wrap tucked so its under the bezel when the light is reinstalled. In fact the OP has posted pictures on this string (taillights, handles, trim - all removed. Its why a good install is so expensive) that show progress and his installer doing things correctly so no gaps will be seen and the material will stay in place because its not stretched.
I would look for a new shop man - even if you go with the other material.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on the orange.... not sure how that would look. and I'm not trying to start any keyboard warrior BS
I just know if its done correctly (and again - right color) that the Xpel stealth is perfect as a wrap. again not trying to start anything but your own words show what I am talking about....... "He actually showed me the material on a blue TRX. There was a small space between the PPF and taillight where gloss blue was evident. In the sunlight from about 7-10 away I could not see the gap, but any closer it was obvious. The space was about 1/4 inch wide"
This is 100% the installers fault, the taillight needed completely removed with the wrap tucked so its under the bezel when the light is reinstalled. In fact the OP has posted pictures on this string (taillights, handles, trim - all removed. Its why a good install is so expensive) that show progress and his installer doing things correctly so no gaps will be seen and the material will stay in place because its not stretched.
I would look for a new shop man - even if you go with the other material.
No worries! It is all about perspective and life experience. The guy did tell me and I know from experience that taillights and such can be removed, but because it is a company store they will not do it. It is not “an approved“ technique. I guess the bottom line is, as long as the installer will stand 100% behind the product and installation, and on their dime, fix everything that may go wrong, it’s all good. I Look at it like insurance, you never know how good it is until you need it and if litigation is required, you cannot get blood out of a tomato. On that note, I had XPel previously installed on an X5M. The guy removed everything as you stated. He did a great looking job. I paid him and the next day when I attempted to start the car, the alarm activated and it wouldn’t start. I had it towed to BMW. The installer somehow screwed up one of the onboard computers when he took apart the car and it cost me $1600 to repair. The installer told me I should have given him a chance to fix it and refused to pay the tab. Yeah right, not on a $125k automobile! I took him to small claims court and I was awarded a judgement. That was in 2016, he still hasn’t paid. As a result of the judgement his credit score is in the toilet, but I am out $1600.

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to do this to a code orange raptor
I am heavily considering it on my CO Raptor
What is there to consider??? Just do it…
haha...it's not a trivial investment to make when I haven't seen the final product beforehand. I like being an early adopter, just not sure I want to be the first :)

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries! It is all about perspective and life experience. The guy did tell me and I know from experience that taillights and such can be removed, but because it is a company store they will not do it. It is not “an approved“ technique. I guess the bottom line is, as long as the installer will stand 100% behind the product and installation, and on their dime, fix everything that may go wrong, it’s all good. I Look at it like insurance, you never know how good it is until you need it and if litigation is required, you cannot get blood out of a tomato. On that note, I had XPel previously installed on an X5M. The guy removed everything as you stated. He did a great looking job. I paid him and the next day when I attempted to start the car, the alarm activated and it wouldn’t start. I had it towed to BMW. The installer somehow screwed up one of the onboard computers when he took apart the car and it cost me $1600 to repair. The installer told me I should have given him a chance to fix it and refused to pay the tab. Yeah right, not on a $125k automobile! I took him to small claims court and I was awarded a judgement. That was in 2016, he still hasn’t paid. As a result of the judgement his credit score is in the toilet, but I am out $1600.
Yea - I can see why your gun shy... even more important to get to know the shop. The one I deal with has high end Ferraris, G-waggons blah blah... that come through for wraps, ceramic, details for shows and he even dips into some tech - point is his reputation brings in big $$ and he wouldn't screw with that.
"Approved technique" just sounds lazy. I bet they are charging $6k+ for a full truck Xpel Stealth? no way it should be that unless they are taking the parts off
Anyway - Good luck!! I get my 21 LF back at the end of the week with the full Xpel Stealth and Ceramic (did a lot of research why I had to comment)

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea - I can see why your gun shy... even more important to get to know the shop. The one I deal with has high end Ferraris, G-waggons blah blah... that come through for wraps, ceramic, details for shows and he even dips into some tech - point is his reputation brings in big $$ and he wouldn't screw with that.
"Approved technique" just sounds lazy. I bet they are charging $6k+ for a full truck Xpel Stealth? no way it should be that unless they are taking the parts off
Anyway - Good luck!! I get my 21 LF back at the end of the week with the full Xpel Stealth and Ceramic (did a lot of research why I had to comment)
You’re close…they want $7300 for the wrap and $875 for the ceramic. I haven’t gotten a bid yet, but a local shop installs Nano Fusion, which is what I will probably do.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am heavily considering it on my CO Raptor

haha...it's not a trivial investment to make when I haven't seen the final product beforehand. I like being an early adopter, just not sure I want to be the first :)
Go to a shop as they have a ton of scrap pieces .. get them to throw a piece onto your code orange truck so you can see what it will look like before you commit.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped in for a progress shot...... they were closing so got this one quick pic.... perfect contrast pic... note that the lighting in the shop is crazy bright

1634770282497.jpeg