21' LFG RAPTOR XPEL STEALTH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SulDogger

Reaction score
First off this is the closest color to a fighter jet that I've seen. Idk why ford has a color called "fighter jet grey" that's not even close to this. Secondly, can they put stealth on top of decals? I want to get that small "FP" decal on the tailgate.
Yes, it can go over the decal as I am keeping the tailgate decal but having the others taken off. Would love to see what CO looks like with it.

OP
OP
uscraptor51

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to a XPel corporate store in Boise. I was told that there will be a small space where stealth ends and the original paint, for example, around the tail light. Therefore because I have orange, the original color may be too obvious. I was told that black and subdued colors will look better and not so obvious. Although I did not see it and I forgot the name, XPel recently came out with a gloss black PPF and another clear PPF that is thicker and provides better protection. The thicker is 10 mil vs 8 mil. I think the black is to accent certain areas on a vehicle. XPel also has an armor PPF, but it cannot be wrapped like the clear film, it is designed for flat areas. I did learn the self healing properties of XPel is not what I thought. Apparently XPel consists of multiple layers, the top layer is very thin, which is the only layer that will self heal. It was described as being designed to self heal brush marks from an commercial car wash. If something penetrated the very thin top layer, it will appear as a paint scratch, but as long as the PPF was not entirely penetrated, paint would be protected.

On the same topic, when I took my Porsche, which is covered with XPel, to the dealership yesterday, I saw what turned out to be a PPF install. To make a long story short, I was told that the dealership switched from XPel to Nano Fusion because the latter is a clearer material and will provide much more pop. It was being installed on a red 911 and I gotta say it was a noticeable difference between bare paint and the product. There was not enough space to park my red GT next to it for a comparison, but I spoke to the installer, whom indicated he installs XPel and Nano Fusion. The dealership contracts with the installer. Regardles, he said he thought Nano Fusion is a much better product than XPel. It may be a chev vs Ford situation, but something to consider. Unless someone has experienced something bad with Nano Fusio, when my truck arrives, I think I will give Nano a try, because unfortunately stealth is out for my Code Orange.
New to XPEL Stealth and learning…there are the “standard” templates that get produced and cut through software and than there is “custom” “bulking” which is where the REALLY GOOD INSTALLERS come into play!!! Depending on budget and attention to detail it really comes down to the installer!!!

My guys “bulked” around the tail lights so there are no seams as well as the engine exhaust vents on the front panels.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to XPEL Stealth and learning…there are the “standard” templates that get produced and cut through software and than there is “custom” “bulking” which is where the REALLY GOOD INSTALLERS come into play!!! Depending on budget and attention to detail it really comes down to the installer!!!

My guys “bulked” around the tail lights so there are no seams as well as the engine exhaust vents on the front panels.
I know a good installer is everything, but there is something I found out at the corporate owned store, I never realized. If a corporate store installs the material, XPel backs the warranty. If someone else did the install, it is up to that person to make everything right. That also applies to the material, I was told nothing is warrantied thru XPel if is is not installed by XPel. Apparently four years ago corporate purchased the XPel shop in Boise from the person who told me the above. He is now just an employee for XPel. He is the same person that told me XPel is not meant to be wrapped like a vinyl wrap. He said it can be done, but due to several factors, one of which is thickness, it will unwrap itself so to speak. Afterward, a small amount of particles will get between the product and vehicle, that will look like a blister, which happened on my current Raptor. XPel is installed on my 2019 Raptor and when I showed him a small area where the material pealed away, he told me it pealed because it was wrapped around the door, which it is not designed to do. Yes installers do it, but my position is, if the material isn’t designed to do it, I do not want to take the chance.

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xpel stealth on black vehicle owners - Does the stealth help with waterspots from washing/rain? I haven't had a black vehicle before my gen3 Raptor and the waterspots are killing me.
It just makes it easier to clean but will still water spot. In order to have it super easy to maintain just cost it with DR Beasleys ceramic.

I have a stealth lead foot as well as a stealth agate black. Both look stunning. Do it you won’t regret it!

Attachments

• A1BCC676-0B7B-40BB-A1C4-D35563E44D0B.jpeg
    A1BCC676-0B7B-40BB-A1C4-D35563E44D0B.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 66
  • D8D09BED-DB50-46B4-ACF3-93719936D1ED.jpeg
    D8D09BED-DB50-46B4-ACF3-93719936D1ED.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 66

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a good installer is everything, but there is something I found out at the corporate owned store, I never realized. If a corporate store installs the material, XPel backs the warranty. If someone else did the install, it is up to that person to make everything right. That also applies to the material, I was told nothing is warrantied thru XPel if is is not installed by XPel. Apparently four years ago corporate purchased the XPel shop in Boise from the person who told me the above. He is now just an employee for XPel. He is the same person that told me XPel is not meant to be wrapped like a vinyl wrap. He said it can be done, but due to several factors, one of which is thickness, it will unwrap itself so to speak. Afterward, a small amount of particles will get between the product and vehicle, that will look like a blister, which happened on my current Raptor. XPel is installed on my 2019 Raptor and when I showed him a small area where the material pealed away, he told me it pealed because it was wrapped around the door, which it is not designed to do. Yes installers do it, but my position is, if the material isn’t designed to do it, I do not want to take the chance.
Sorry man - this is just false information
The material is not designed to be "stretched" around corners and even body lines. The whole point is the installer needs to know this and as someone else posted use "bulk" to place and tuck not stretch.... Its not accurate to say the product is not designed to "wrap" and gives people the wrong idea. The Xpel Stealth by design has to wrap around corners or it doesn't look good. Your 2019 was not done correctly and should be taken back to the installer for warranty replacement

Edit: at the price of a full wrap a good shop is what anyone really needs. I am lucky to have a great one near me that I have experience with. I know they will warranty any of their work and fix anything that is wrong right away instead of trying to get "corporate" Xpel to cover a repair. The shop has to believe in their work and the material so the setup is a win in my opinion.

Last edited: