22’ Black 37 Raptor vs. XPEL Stealth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nah only a few knuckleheads I can think of that would tell a guy who is considering Stealth that it is only worth it to do the front end.
Knucklehead? How old are you 75? Next time I will preface that I was referring to the clear ppf just for you grandpappy.

rkraptor

Reaction score
Small world! He did a partial front on my Tacoma in ‘18 and I got a quote from him on the Raptor: $10,950 full Ultimate or +$800 for Stealth. $2395 additional for ceramic coat. With taxes and misc. fees that’s $15k I wasn’t willing to spend.

Got it done at another local shop for a little over $10k with added tint.

It’s great but not Vin great. Fully tucked where important but pre cut in some spots. Vin tucked well in the Tacoma but a couple areas started to have issues within the first 6 months so I can see where tucking isn’t always the best case for the entire truck, especially if you play in the dirt like I do. Certain parts will mess with the lay of the film as everything flexes.

Probably why every shop I contacted seems to be working on Teslas and other street queens all the time.
HAHA yeah it is man. That's a lot of money for sure. He does mostly cars from what I've seen but I have seen some trucks and SUVs in there. I used Vinyl Bros for my 2019 GT350 and it was an ok job. Nothing near Vin's level. What truck do you currently have?

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knucklehead? How old are you 75? Next time I will preface that I was referring to the clear ppf just for you grandpappy.
That would be even more curious.... preface a remark quoting an individual who is considering Stealth that you are talking about clear PPF?? Excellent use of the internet sir.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That would be even more curious.... preface a remark quoting an individual who is considering Stealth that you are talking about clear PPF?? Excellent use of the internet sir.
So you’re old and curious. Now that we got that out of the way we can move on. Even though I’m sure another witless post is coming from you.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody done xpel stealth on an antimatter blue ? I’m debating if I should do ultimate plus or stealth

Searching “xpel stealth antimatter blue” yields this result on YouTube. Post photos once you get it PPFed.

I wish someone made a video like this for an Agate Black Gen 3 with a stealth/satin PPF. At this point I’d pay money for that if it means I can make a decision regarding going stealth or not.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree. You’ll never recoup in a resale what that job costs.

I’d you are **** retentive and just want to protect the front from rock chips, then spend a couple grand and and **** it off just because, but I’d WAY rather spend that money on Camburg or RPG suspension upgrades
I used to agree with that thinking. I spent 2k wrapping the front of a 911. I traded it in within a month on a different 911. 2k in the toilet.

But most do not do PPF for resale as they know it won’t improve value. They do it for themselves, their own piece of mind and in the case of stealth, the look. Also, those who can afford to wrap an entire truck, especially if they paint correct it first, are spending upwards of 5k or more, and so have money to do other upgrades you mention. They’re not breaking the bank.