22’ Black 37 Raptor vs. XPEL Stealth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alohawaii

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$7500 for Stealth is good...as far as Xpel is concerned. It normally demands a premium over Ultimate Plus. It takes a lot more work because any missed spots become easy to see with the contrast of the gloss paint. Easier to take shortcuts with Ultimate, in that tucking it is less a priority.

I wish I would have got a quote like that here in NW Florida. I pick mine up tomorrow with Ultimate and ceramic coat. I will be out $9000. Out of the 3 shops within a reasonable distance, it's the cheapest quote I got.
That’s what I was expecting to get quoted but I got $7,500 + $900 for the ceramic in the ppf. Which was extremely surprising. They are top notch installers.

Alohawaii

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t worth it to me. I sell my cars every 3 years or so.
Now you’ve got me thinking.. I’m more of the change cars every 3 years but if I try for 5. Is it worth it? Haha. I’ll probably do off-roading 1-2x a month.

rkraptor

Reaction score
$7500 for Stealth is good...as far as Xpel is concerned. It normally demands a premium over Ultimate Plus. It takes a lot more work because any missed spots become easy to see with the contrast of the gloss paint. Easier to take shortcuts with Ultimate, in that tucking it is less a priority.

I wish I would have got a quote like that here in NW Florida. I pick mine up tomorrow with Ultimate and ceramic coat. I will be out $9000. Out of the 3 shops within a reasonable distance, it's the cheapest quote I got.
I'm in Pensacola. Where are you at? Vin at Auto Shield Pro is the best in the area. They did correction, PPF, and ceramic on my GT500 CFTP. Awesome work over there

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Pensacola. Where are you at? Vin at Auto Shield Pro is the best in the area. They did correction, PPF, and ceramic on my GT500 CFTP. Awesome work over there
Small world! He did a partial front on my Tacoma in ‘18 and I got a quote from him on the Raptor: $10,950 full Ultimate or +$800 for Stealth. $2395 additional for ceramic coat. With taxes and misc. fees that’s $15k I wasn’t willing to spend.

Got it done at another local shop for a little over $10k with added tint.

It’s great but not Vin great. Fully tucked where important but pre cut in some spots. Vin tucked well in the Tacoma but a couple areas started to have issues within the first 6 months so I can see where tucking isn’t always the best case for the entire truck, especially if you play in the dirt like I do. Certain parts will mess with the lay of the film as everything flexes.

Probably why every shop I contacted seems to be working on Teslas and other street queens all the time.