2023 Raptor R slower than TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jalal Ayan

Reaction score
know I will get bashed over this but,naaah Ain’t true. The raptor is definitely an inferior truck.also since the Shelby raptor 775hp didn’t keep up with the TRX then the raptor R will stand no chance.
The way I look at it is a personal preference.
But per YouTube videos and google article the TRX still the king.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know I will get bashed over this but,naaah Ain’t true. The raptor is definitely an inferior truck.also since the Shelby raptor 775hp didn’t keep up with the TRX then the raptor R will stand no chance.
Power:Weight... :lol2:

likeaboss

Reaction score
Will not surprise me if Ford has artificially under reported HP and torque numbers for the R. Common practice by the Big 3 back in the muscle car heyday of yore.
I was too young to drive back then but damn glad I can experience the renaissance of fast street cars and trucks now.

Ford has revised hp and torque numbers upon release before so it could be possible we see a few more ponies at launch. The Raptor R needs to beat the TRX in every way possible. The regular Raptor with 37's does in everything but straight line speed so why release the supercharged V8 version to not do just that.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
know I will get bashed over this but,naaah Ain’t true. The raptor is definitely an inferior truck.also since the Shelby raptor 775hp didn’t keep up with the TRX then the raptor R will stand no chance.
The Shelby modified Raptor is a claimed (not SAE) 525HP with a bunch of add ons and 37” Mud Terrain tires. Of course the TRX is faster.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thirty - sevens. Put them on the TRX and line em up. I don't see Ram getting a W on 37s.

Put the Raptor R on 35s and I think it'd be the same result, Ram seeing Ford taillights.

The keyboard warriors have forgotten what a 37" tire looks like next to a 35" tire.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Just so we're clear, you're only considering 0-60 times, correct?

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thirty - sevens. Put them on the TRX and line em up. I don't see Ram getting a W on 37s.

Put the Raptor R on 35s and I think it'd be the same result, Ram seeing Ford taillights.

The keyboard warriors have forgotten what a 37" tire looks like next to a 35" tire.
I have 37s on my TRX and still do 0-60 under 4.5. I'm looking forward to a straight up race between the TRX and R.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Shelby modified Raptor is a claimed (not SAE) 525HP with a bunch of add ons and 37” Mud Terrain tires. Of course the TRX is faster.
I think he was referencing the 750hp super snake vs the TRX that TFL posted. The Super Snake sport with 775hp and 2 doors beat the TRX by a car length.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Annnd….fact still remains a tuned gen2 on heavy aftermarket wheels & even heavier 37” MTs essentially matches the TRX in straight line acceleration, again- check out the TFL vid I mentioned/posted. Not even worth debating….if a tuned gen2 on 35”s is about equal or better than a stock TRX there’s simply zero chance the R won’t be faster, it’s probably underrated ford too to boot