2023 Raptor R slower than TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trx has launch control. That being said, I wonder how many test drivers will actually boost launch the R. Not to mention taking off traction control and putting it in 4A.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The EV phase is a fad, won’t catch on in our lifetimes (in terms of being anywhere close to majority of the vehicles on road) - for a helluvalot of reasons I don’t need to rehash on here. As it stands….EVs represent well under 5% of all vehicles sold in N America, so ahhhh I’d say ford & RAM are still VERY much concerned w/ making the right ICE vehicles & are entertaining EVs b/c their hands have been forced in a way & the obvious political pressure/agenda, couple terms of an administration who doesn’t give a damn how many EVs you make…..will see how truly enamored ford (or any automaker aside from Tesla/rivian/fisker etc) is in producing full EVs. Hybrids? Sure.

I mostly agree with you, but the auto industry is global, and the picture looks different from that perspective than just N America.

It will take a bit of time for the EV fad to go away, or just stabilize to a balance between EV and gas in the market that makes sense.

The best selling vehicle in America is and has been the F150, all trucks combined are by far a huge segment, very important right? And ford who’s been the industry leader in sales volume produces an electric “truck” that can’t even tow an empty 1400 lb aluminum trailer 100 miles.

As for the R? I guess we’ll see how it turns out in the real world, hurry up & wait!!!

I generally think Ford and others are jumping in fully for EVs because the government is heavily subsidizing and then know that if they overinvest and it fails, government will bail them out. If they were to just stick with traditional ICE, they get the wraith of government on them, and risk missing out on the transition. And government will not bail out an auto company that doesn't risk on EVs.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trx has launch control. That being said, I wonder how many test drivers will actually boost launch the R. Not to mention taking off traction control and putting it in 4A.
TRX is actually slower in launch control than foot brake. Idk why but launching in baja mode at 1800 rpm has beat launch control a bunch.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it matter? Sheesh...a tenth or two slower 0-60 mph spells doom for Ford huh?
Just manufacturers measuring peepees ha.

Most of the people arguing their truck is better over a 5% or less advantage/disadvantage never actually use their trucks to the full extent. At the end of the day, we're just lucky to have two 700hp offroad trucks on the market.

OP
OP
AntiMattersMost

AntiMattersMost

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will not surprise me if Ford has artificially under reported HP and torque numbers for the R. Common practice by the Big 3 back in the muscle car heyday of yore.
I was too young to drive back then but damn glad I can experience the renaissance of fast street cars and trucks now.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mostly agree with you, but the auto industry is global, and the picture looks different from that perspective than just N America.

It will take a bit of time for the EV fad to go away, or just stabilize to a balance between EV and gas in the market that makes sense.

I generally think Ford and others are jumping in fully for EVs because the government is heavily subsidizing and then know that if they overinvest and it fails, government will bail them out. If they were to just stick with traditional ICE, they get the wraith of government on them, and risk missing out on the transition. And government will not bail out an auto company that doesn't risk on EVs.

Unfortunately that’s the gist of it, but as Milton Friedman has said, “what can’t continue won’t continue” & the forced adoption of EVs falls into that scenario lol, it’s a fools errand. I’m involved in the industry….both selling finished/semi-finished products into the auto industry/supporting manufacturers & also recycling end of life ICE’s (among all other kind of scrap metal), you literally can’t recycle EVs…. Not the way the recycling industry is setup these days.

And just how short sighted/ignorant the current crazy liberal “movement” is? From where I sit the most aggressive/destructive administration toward the recycling industry is by FAR our current situation. In CA they want to force you to drive EVs only while simultaneously snuffing out the auto shredders that could be capable of actually recycling them (if the govt want to help subsidize the removal & “recycling” of the actual batteries firstly) - so the machines that are in operation to gobble up all the washing machines, water heaters, lawnmowers, demo debris, & yes- cars too- they want them out of business, & where are you supposed to get rid of all that junk? Landfills? Nope- already closed. Guess they want it dumped in the Pacific Ocean?

At some point the craziness will die down, we can’t make the batteries needed to power all
The EVs they’d like us to be driving we don’t have the raw materials, we can’t recycle the batteries w/ existing processes, we don’t generate enough energy to power all these hypoethical EVs w/ current grid, there is no effort to increase our grid w/ nuclear etc, we cannot store the power we do generate- most often if not used on a spot basis the electricity goes to ground & is wasted- regardless of how we generated it, we don’t have the charging station infrastructure in place & we don’t have the industry in N. America to even produce the amount of cu cable that would be required even if we wanted to do it, it takes too long to charge the vehicles etc etc etc etc etc

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately that’s the gist of it, but as Milton Friedman has said, “what can’t continue won’t continue” & the forced adoption of EVs falls into that scenario lol, it’s a fools errand. I’m involved in the industry….both selling finished/semi-finished products into the auto industry/supporting manufacturers & also recycling end of life ICE’s (among all other kind of scrap metal), you literally can’t recycle EVs…. Not the way the recycling industry is setup these days.

And just how short sighted/ignorant the current crazy liberal “movement” is? From where I sit the most aggressive/destructive administration toward the recycling industry is by FAR our current situation. In CA they want to force you to drive EVs only while simultaneously snuffing out the auto shredders that could be capable of actually recycling them (if the govt want to help subsidize the removal & “recycling” of the actual batteries firstly) - so the machines that are in operation to gobble up all the washing machines, water heaters, lawnmowers, demo debris, & yes- cars too- they want them out of business, & where are you supposed to get rid of all that junk? Landfills? Nope- already closed. Guess they want it dumped in the Pacific Ocean?

At some point the craziness will die down, we can’t make the batteries needed to power all
The EVs they’d like us to be driving we don’t have the raw materials, we can’t recycle the batteries w/ existing processes, we don’t generate enough energy to power all these hypoethical EVs w/ current grid, there is no effort to increase our grid w/ nuclear etc, we cannot store the power we do generate- most often if not used on a spot basis the electricity goes to ground & is wasted- regardless of how we generated it, we don’t have the charging station infrastructure in place & we don’t have the industry in N. America to even produce the amount of cu cable that would be required even if we wanted to do it, it takes too long to charge the vehicles etc etc etc etc etc
We do what we did with electronics recycling, send it to China where they pollute out the ying yang, whilst patting ourselves on the back about how green we are. SSDD

Jalal Ayan

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter how much faster a TRX might be. The TRX is inferior in every other way. It feels weird saying that since I own a RAM and moderate on a large RAM forum, but I have to give credit where credit is due.
i know I will get bashed over this but,naaah Ain’t true. The raptor is definitely an inferior truck.also since the Shelby raptor 775hp didn’t keep up with the TRX then the raptor R will stand no chance.
The way I look at it is a personal preference.
But per YouTube videos and google article the TRX still the king.