2023 Raptor R slower than TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who gives a crap if a pickup truck is slightly slower to 60 than another pickup truck lol. These are not exotic cars trying to set lap records at Laguna Seca lol. These are big, fat, 6,000lb trucks lol. People sure do have 1st world problems around here complaining that their new 700hp truck is slightly slower to 60 than another 700hp truck!

Probably should have read the thread to verify that someone was actually complaining before making that statement.

It doesn’t matter how much faster a TRX might be. The TRX is inferior in every other way. It feels weird saying that since I own a RAM and moderate on a large RAM forum, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

TRX beats Raptor R in price and availability.

djevox

Reaction score
Probably should have read the thread to verify that someone was actually complaining before making that statement.

TRX beats Raptor R in price and availability.
Lol, can’t argue that. We have a couple dealers on the RAM forum offering up to 10% below msrp on factory orders. It’s still not enough to sway me though. To me, the TRX is just an unremarkable vehicle.

06viper

Reaction score
Lol, can’t argue that. We have a couple dealers on the RAM forum offering up to 10% below msrp on factory orders. It’s still not enough to sway me though. To me, the TRX is just an unremarkable vehicle.
What is lead time for delivery on average from time of order on TRX's?

djevox

Reaction score
What is lead time for delivery on average from time of order on TRX's?
It really depends. Most I’ve followed have been a 2-3 months, but there’s edge cases of guys getting one in as short as 1.5months to as long as 8 months. I lost interest in continuing to track, as it wraps me up in the excitement yet I get no satisfaction when people actually get their truck. Here’s a link to a vin tracker. It doesn’t show a lot, but might help a little.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The entire article is based off of the statement below. No times, numbers etc on the R. Save yourself a click.

Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that the 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor will also be slower from 0-60 miles-per-hour than the TRX, too.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The entire article is based off of the statement below. No times, numbers etc on the R. Save yourself a click.

Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that the 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor will also be slower from 0-60 miles-per-hour than the TRX, too.
Anonymous source. They're copying the news media and just making shit up.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two more gears, less weight and better power to weight ratio, maybe those 37 change the gearing enough but I would think the weight and two extra gears, closer gear ratios would make up for it.